Notes on my first liveaboard experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Great dives & good dives. Some similar… some unique. Each proving an opportunity for a languid look around a magical world of undersea life & color.

Sandy bottom with specs of color, wall reefs bursting in color and inviting you to drop down 100’ (proceed with caution!). The grandeur of cruising reef sharks and lazing turtles - and the hunt for the animals hiding in sand and corral.

The choreography of the crew running the boat and the dives. Captain Chris strategizing dive-spots based on tide, wind, and weather. 17 divers suiting up at the same time in the same place.

Choosing dive-buddies. Pairs of friends and spouses are ready-made dive-buddies. Others evolve among insta-friends. A mixture of speed-dating, and trusting your life with a person who goes from stranger to friend in 60 feet of water.

Into the still-wet wetsuit, then out again, then in again…

A most interesting and unexpected aspect to my first liveaboard - Blackbeards in The Bahamas: The heightened experience of 23 unique individuals of varying sizes, ages - living together in tight quarters, with no place to go and no place to hide - for a week. A mashup of people of different temperaments, experiences, goals, and expectations with one thing in common - a desire to dive in The Bahamas for a week.

Great fun. The boat is still swaying under my feet though I am sitting at my kitchen table back home.

Doing chores and paying bills pales in comparison.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom