Nov 2 NELD get-together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

notabob

Contributor
Reaction score
Is anybody still planning on coming out for the pre-gettogether dive/bubble-watching this Saturday? 10am @ Rt.128 BK?

Also, as a reminder (since Rax is too busy diving the Grove right now, lucky bastard :), I figured I'd do it), those of you attending who're getting NELD shirts, bring $$ to give to Rax.

-Roman.

Matt, would you mind being my buddy, I missed you in FLA...

Could someone post the reliable info (ie, not weather) on conditions for the day? What has the water temp been lately, when is the tide, etc.

Well, I am posting weather anyway...Saturday: snow and rain likely, then mostly clear. Cold and breezy. Lows in the lower 30s and highs in the lower 40s.
Boston Harbor: SAT...NW WIND 25 TO 35 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT.

Tide:

2 Sa 213am L -0.4 827am H 10.7 240pm L -0.5 852pm H 10.9

Water temp is 52 - 53

So the tide wil be on the low side and coming in. If the weather is right at all, not that I expect it to be, it sounds like we'll have to be careful to prevent regulator ice-up freeflows at the surface.

plan on diving wetsuits this weekend? (Aaron?)

My drysuit is still on the LDS showroom.

Im still considering whether a post dive exit into 35 degree air with a wetsuit on is completely insane or just short of insane for a scuba-holic.
:bonk:

Well, if we could find someone with a van, then we'd be all set! Get someone to sit in the van (volunteers?), and start running the heater before we get out of the water. We get out of the water, hop into the van and doff the wetsuits inside where it's nice and toasty! Anyone coming tuesday with a van? Anyone? Seeing as it's supposed to be high 30s/low 40s on Sat., y'all wanna pitch in and rent one for the purpose? It might just be insane enough to work! :google:

-Roman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom