November 2007 Scuba Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCruise

Reaction score
We have a dive group going on a Scuba Cruise this November. Information pertaining to the cruise and dive package are available at our group website. We are not a travel agency, though our cruise is being administered by an online cruise-only agency.

In order to guarantee our group perks, we still need to book up a few cabins. The link to our group website is here; if you or someone you know might be interested in going, please forward this website.

Thanks.

http://scubacruise.blogspot.com/

Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions at:

scubacruie2007@yahoo.com

Suzi
Group Leader

Scuba Cruise Itinerary

This eight night cruise, aboard the Carnival Miracle will depart from Fort Lauderdale on Friday, November 23, 2007 (the day after Thanksgiving) and calls on three ports in the Southern Caribbean; St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. Three ports of call and an an eight night cruise- that means plenty of time to kick back, do nothing or enjoy the many shipboard activities, whatever is to your liking.

We have personally spent time in St. Maarten and St. Lucia. St. Maarten is renowned for it's beautiful beaches and great shopping. St Lucia is an awesomely beautiful island. The rugged volcanic shoreline and tropical vegetation is beyond compare in all of the Caribbean. We have never visited St. Kitts, which means I will be doing my research in preparation for a new adventure.

A dive package has been coordinated in each port of call for any certified scuba divers in the group who are interested. The islands of St. Lucia and St. Kitts, in particular, are two of the lesser known diving gems of the Caribbean.

We will be arriving in our first port of call, St. Maarten after two days at sea. The ship will dock around 8am, allowing for a full day of fun. We will set sail for St. Lucia at 5pm. The next day we pull into port at Castries, St. Lucia at 9am. Again, we will call it a day around 5pm. Our last port of call will be St. Kitts, where I believe we will have to tender in around 8am. Our day will be a little shorter here, as we are scheduled to depart at 4pm. We will have two more days at sea before returning to Fort Lauderdale.

!!! PRICES INCLUDE TAX AND PORT CHARGES !!!

Interior Stateroom – Category 4

$589.00 pp / double.
$439.00 pp for 3 / 4 person

Ocean View Stateroom – Category 6
$729.00 pp / double
$469.00 pp for 3 / 4 person

Balcony Stateroom – Category 8
$859.00 pp
$499.00 pp for 3 / 4 person

Single – Category 1A
$899.00 pp

Dive Package Information

St. Maarten
$96pp (3.5 hours) Includes Equipment

An English speaking dive master will make sure you see the best of St. Martin's undersea life. This 2T dive includes 1 reef and 1 wreck or 2 reefs, depending on weather and mooring availability. The reefs are teeming with life, including lobster, turtles, sponges, sea fans, elkhorn coral, queen conch, groupers, surgeon fish and Spanish hogfish.

One of the wrecks you might see is the Proselyte, which sank in 1801. It's cannons and anchors, now encrusted with coral, are strewn along the sea floor and have become home to many creatures. Or perhaps you will dive the wreck of Carib Cargo, an intact cargo ship sitting upright on a sandy bottom. This site is home to stingrays and many types of fish. The average depth of the dives is 50-60'. All equipment, as well as water and soft drinks are included in the price of the trip.
St. Kitts
$95pp (3.5 hours) Includes Equipment

There are 5 wreck dives and about 25 reef dives on St. Kitts. Most of the time they dive a reef followed by a wreck, The two tank boat dive that departs at 9:00am and returns at 12:30pm. Dive sites will be selected based on weather and diver's experience level.

Usually the first dive is within 60-80ft. for about 40 minutes followed by an hour of surface interval. During this time the dive boat will move to the second dive location, which is within 30-60ft.

St. Lucia -
$88pp (approximately 5 hours round trip with pick-up at pier!) Includes Equipment

Diving in St. Lucia has been arranged with a local dive shop, Dive Fair Helen, not ShoreTrips, We encourage you to check out their web site. We think you will be impressed. Our group members will need to reserve space by providing credit card information to the dive shop. Use the toll-free number 1 888 855 2206, ask for Michael, Samantha or Andre. Remember Suzi has negotiated a special agreement for our group, if we do not make port or conditions are not acceptable, as determined by the dive operator, our group will not be billed. Also, in case of illness, individual divers may cancel 24 hours before the excursion, and they will not be charged. A copy of this cancellation agreement is available from Suzi upon request.

The dive fee includes Equipment (excluding wet suits), Lunch, Transportation, a Marine Park Pass, and two guided dives in the famous Souffriere Marine Park, near the Pitons and the famous Anse Chastenet resort area. NITROX is not available.

We expect this to be a great excursion. The dive boat is well equipped and a larger group may be possible at this location. Both reef and wreck dives are available, depending on available moorings and the groups' interests.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Do I need a passport to cruise in the Caribbean?
A: Yes. And a passport will take time to order, so take care of this early.

Q: Does my personal information in my reservation have to be identical to my passport information?
A: Yes.

Q: Do I need to be scuba certified to dive with the group in the Caribbean?
A: Absolutely yes. DON'T FORGET YOUR C-CARD!

Q: What if I am newly certified, or a very experienced scuba diver?
A: All certified divers are welcome. We ask that you dive safely within your comfort zone and that you are courteous to divers of different experience levels. We are not interested in "aggressive diving." Most experienced scuba divers will agree, the most enjoyable dives are at a slow and relaxed pace. We will most likely dive deeper than 60 feet in some locations, and may also explore some wrecks and swim-throughs. That does not mean that you must follow or participate if you are not comfortable. In some cases, we may able to split the group by ability upon request... but this is not guaranteed. We plan to dive with local dive masters, who are generally very watchful and safety conscious. Lastly, if our planned dives do not meet your needs, please feel free to book your own dives independent of the group in each port. Honestly, our last group was quite diverse, and for the most part, it all worked out very well. If you have other questions please contact us, and join our scubacruise group forum on yahoo once you have made reservations. See link at the very bottom of the home page.

Q: Why ShoreTrips for diving and other shore excursions?
A: You are free to make your own arrangements ashore and still take advantage of the pricing and amenities offered as a member of the cruise group.

ShoreTrips is a well-established reputable tour company. Dives and shore excursions booked through Shore Trips are typically less expensive than comparable offerings by the cruise line, but of course, the tours are not necessarily identical. Aside from price, booking in advance through ShoreTrips provides a degree of insurance that may not be offered by a local tour company or dive shop.

• Tours canceled 11 days prior to the tour date will be fully refunded.
  • If the ship cancels a port (sad, but it happens sometimes) notify ShoreTrips promptly for a full refund.
  • If a tour is canceled due to unsafe conditions, or other reasons as determined by the tour operator, notify ShoreTrips promptly for a full refund.
  • No-shows, and late cancellations due to "illness" or other reasons are NON-refundable.
Again, booking the group cruise does not require that you also utilize ShoreTrips. If you have local contacts or prefer to book through Carnival, that is perfectly OK. It's your vacation.

Q: Why are the dives in St. Lucia arranged by Dive Fair Helen?
A: A number of our divers had expressed concern about the cost of the ShoreTrips Scuba Diving/Beach excursion in this port. To be honest it looked like a nice all day excursion. We have researched several other local dive shops and have negotiated a complete dive package with "Dive Fair Helen" that should be very convenient and better meet the needs, and budgets, of the majority of our divers. Dive Fair Helen has accommodated several requests regarding our group, including a reasonable cancellation policy for our cruise group members, which is available upon request. Please read Dive Package Info for more details.

Q: I already booked this cruise through another agent or directly through the cruise line, but I am paying more. Can I cancel my cruise and rebook into the Scuba Group to get the lower price and/or the $100 shipboard credit?
A: The answer is YES. But you first have to confirm it is worth canceling and rebooking into the group. There shouldn't be any penalty from Carnival for canceling your original booking, as long as you are doing so 70 days or more before the sailing. But some agencies do impose a cancellation penalty, so make sure this won't happen to you and is worth your while.

Q: Do I have to be a diver to join the group?
A: NO, everyone is welcome. But you will not be able to dive with the group, or go out on the dive boats, unless you are a certified diver.

Q: What group activities are planned?
A: Entirely at your option to attend, we will most likely have a sail-away get together. The group party will be sometime mid-cruise and will offer an open bar, likely shared with other groups. Otherwise, we ask that the scuba divers gather one time for a short pre-dive coordination meeting.

That's it. Of course, everyone in the group is invited to join any impromptu events, and there are plenty of planned activities on the cruise ship by Carnival.

Q: Why can't I call CruiseQuick?
A: CruiseQuick is a very reputable, high volume, web-based cruise travel agency. They offer excellent prices and do so, in part, by minimizing overheads. If you encounter any problems with your booking for this group cruise, please contact the group leader for assistance. (See Contact Us.)

Q: I need to cancel my cruise. How do I do that and what are the penalties?
A: Contact the group leader for specific instructions. Here are the rules and penalties.

CANCELLATION POLICY (These are penalties paid to Carnival. CruiseQuick does not impose any additional penalty.)
$0 per guest penalty for cancellations made before Final Payment due date.

$300.00 per guest penalty for cancellations made within 70 - 30 days prior to sailing.

50% of the total rate per guest penalty for cancellations made within 29 - 8 days prior to sailing.

100% of the total rate* per guest penalty for cancellations made within 7 days of sailing as well as “no shows” on the day of sailing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom