Now THAT'S bouyancy control!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know... it's nice to be helpful to your buddy and loan a little gear when you can, but I'm sorry... I just refuse to dive with a buddy that has to borrow one of my fins. I mean, come on... a good buddy should at least be able to afford their own stinkin' pair of fins. Geeze. What a mooch!

mwilding once bubbled...
I LIVE in New Jersey. I am not FROM New Jersey. It's an important distinction... :wink:

Would you care to elaborate? I'm FROM New Jersey, but LIVE in Illinois.
I get really tired of people assuming that I'm

insane :bonk:

abrasive :poking:

or connected with organized crime :getsome:

...although, I might be all of the above. :evil:

mwilding once bubbled...
Impressive !
The person in that video, Laurynn Evans, was the videographer for my DIR-F class in April. She's a very nice person, very funny and an excellent diver as y'all can see. :)

Jimmie

That video I shot was from one of the most stressfull dives I have had yet.

A group of 5 'older' people, one of which has been diving for 15 years with 50 dives and the rest your common vacation divers. They all had rental equipment and a mix up with the dive shop left them without a pair of fins, so these guys, brothers I believe decided to split....and the DM let them.

All 5 of them swarmed around the DM the whole dive while I stayed the heck away, I dove solo and I think the DM was actually jealous of me...hehehe. I was a nervous wreck watching that group, it freaked me out.

:wacko:

If your want to improve your buoyancy control practice hovering on your safety stop.

jepuskar once bubbled...
That video I shot was from one of the most stressfull dives I have had yet.

A group of 5 'older' people, one of which has been diving for 15 years with 50 dives and the rest your common vacation divers. They all had rental equipment and a mix up with the dive shop left them without a pair of fins, so these guys, brothers I believe decided to split....and the DM let them.

All 5 of them swarmed around the DM the whole dive while I stayed the heck away, I dove solo and I think the DM was actually jealous of me...hehehe. I was a nervous wreck watching that group, it freaked me out.

:wacko:

Oh God! You mean to say that this wasn't some sort of training game!? What a mess! LOL :D

It *is* possible to dive with one fin. I lost a fin once on a night-dive and decided to keep going. I just kept horizontal in the water, crossed my ankles and used a dolphin stroke to move. As long as you have good buoyancy control it actually isn't much harder than diving with 2 fins :)

R..

You just stay clear of the entire group like I did, your just asking to be pounced on when a problem happens.

no sir, not me, I'll be a passive observer as they frolic to the surface in panic, but they aint bringing me with.

:)

Oh man that's funny :D

What's going in the background?

Looks like someone was starting to lose their tank.

I took some video this past weekend of a guy with horrible buoyancy control. I haven't watched it yet, but I'll try and post it if it's funny enough!

Of course he was 2 feet off the bottom, silting the heck out of everything!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom