Now we're a family of divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisEdwards

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I posted a thread about six months ago about getting my daughter certified. She turned 12 back in February and did a couple of resort dives in the Bahamas.

Well I'm pleased to say she just finisihed her NAUI certification, this weekend, and did a couple of dives of West Palm Beach, visibility was brilliant.

I also got to see my first Hammerhead shark, although not close. I was doing my safety stop and it swam by about 30fsw below, I'd powered and clipped off my camera so I didn't get a shot, although I'm not sure whether it would have come out from that distance.

Now my Daughter (12), Son(14) and myself can all dive together. Mum doesn't swim!

So I think we'll be off to the Keys to do some nice shallow dive sites for experience.

Congrats........very well remember when our youngest in '93(age 12) got certified on June 18th(his birthday--a Sunday) & we were off for Grand Cayman on the 14th...the 15th all 5 of us made our 1st full family dive, Bonnie's Arch........unfortunately no UW pics back then..........You'll now need to work on the wife & complete the circle.......good luck, You're head will never stop turning(picking up all your buddies UW).......

I was a beautiful weekend wasn't it!
My daughter completed the 1st 2 of her 4 open water dives last Sunday. Hope it lays down for this Sunday.
Congratulations.

Congratulations !
We are also a diving family.
Myself, my wife and oldest daughter.

Way to go....Our kids are also getting certified...they only have their open dives left. We also will be a diving family.....now as far as $$$$$ here we go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom