Hello from Barry Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wanted to say hello and what's occurrin' from my home on Barry Island.
New to the site and been reading through some epic trip reports and hope to be able to add to them soon.

Learnt to dive in 2001 at Bluzone dive centre in Muscat, Oman and now PADI AOW diver. Moved to Cyprus and loved the Zenobia! This year took me to Iceland and Egypt to do two VERY different dives! My daughter spent her first six years living in Cyprus where she learnt to snorkel and at her happiest swimming with turtles every July at Zygi beach.

Currently back home with husband (who is also a diver) and daughter, but now that she's almost old enough to do her junior OW qualification, we can finally start planning some family diving holidays. Some of my happiest memories are diving with my parents in Oman, so hoping to make new memories with my husband and daughter next year. I can't wait to dive with my Mum and daughter so we can have a photo together of three generations of divers. I'm planning a 40th birthday trip to French Polynesia so reading through the forums to get some ideas.

Any other dive families that take their kids with them?

Favourite dive: wrecks
Worst dive: night

Welcome!!

Welcome to Scubaboard!

I was sent to work in Barry, Wales, about once a month by my company in 2001 until 9/11 happened. Saw the twin tower crumbled and couldn't go home as flights to USA were all grounded.

Looking forward to hearing some of your diving adventures.

Cheers,
Dan

Hi @KateBubbles

My wife and I have been diving with our kids since they were 12 years old. They are now 38 and 34 years old. Absolutely priceless.

My wife and I with our son and daughter 2019 Bonaire
1701721270590.png

My wife and I with our daughter and her boyfriend 2022 Bonaire
1701721415085.png

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom