Nudi Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
IMHO, Helmut Debelius’s Nudibranchs and Sea Snails is a better book if you are interested in the Western Pacific region, as well as Asia (just don’t buy it from Amazon as their price for this particular book is high).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...7/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/103-6711946-7589416

Neville Coleman’s 1001 Nudibranchs is a great book (much more comprehensive but with very small photos) BUT it covers mostly Aust/NZ, the Maldives and Indonesia/PNG, excluding the Philippines. You can get one directly from Neville at www.nevillecoleman.com.au

I'd heard mixed reports on the Debelius nudibranch book, and own his cephalapod book which I've not been real impressed with. So I decided to get something different. The Coleman book does cover Fiji, which is an area that I'm concerned with.

Hi Nay,

Yes I have heard that a new version of this book is being published, although I am not sure when it will be available. This is a really great & informative book. For those who have the book already there is a 2004 update that has name/info/location changes as well as some new species that is available in PDF format at seaslugforum.net Check out that site for everything you want to know about nudibranches!

Scuba Princess

maractwin:
I'd heard mixed reports on the Debelius nudibranch book

Yeah, it covers a larger area than Neville’s book, but much lesss comprehensively. I find Debelius’s book very useful for the photos—I tend to look in Neville’s book first, and then compare the small photo to the much larger one in Debelius.

Thanks! I think I'll wait for the book that covers my area.
In addition to online resources, I want to be able to look thru the book to find the picture right after the dive before I forget what it looked like by the time I get home.
Of course, with the new camera it will be easier.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom