Number of blank passport pages needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like most everyone else says here...have 2 or more blank pages....I did not pay attention once and had to enter Indonesia twice plus my other travels and when I got to Singapore I had one Square left!....pages are free (or when I got them 3 years ago) just the cost of sending the passport.

Not sure about the Swiss, but they issue visas on arrival for US citizens. Best to check w/ your consulate.

For Visa on arrival when I was last there (2007) was US$25 payable in cash. Always best to have nice crisp, new, recently printed US banknotes for use in Indonesia I don't know if they allow other types of payment. Maybe someone who was there more recently would know. Some nationalities (from nearby countries like Malaysia) don't even pay for a visa

Always check for current regulations for visas and luggage allowance. Above all, make sure your passport is valid for more than six months.

I know of a case where the passengers was denied boarding at the airport in Miami for a flight would connect him with an Indonesian flight because he did not have a passport with at least six months validity.

You can in many cases get a sixty day visa from the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate. Check with them. There is an Indonesian consulate in Los Angeles near downtown on Wilshire Blvd,

Hello, I'm going to Indonesia in a few weeks and resurrected this thread due to something my travel agent told me. As quoted my passport should have
have "at least 2 pages, side by side, in your passport that are blank that do not have the header of Visa at the top ofthe page. If you don't have sufficient pages you'll need to obtain additional pages."

Is this overkill? I have plenty of blank pages with the Visa header but one of the non-Visa header pages was stamped on a recent trip to Mexico and a typed statement saying that the passport was a replace for a damaged passport done by Uncle Sam's state department. You actually only get three of these pages with a new passport.

Hi,

Quite a few people have said the right things...

Make sure you have at least 6-8 months left on your passport.
I would make sure that you have at least 3 VISA pages (the last two in a US passport are endorsement pages and do NOT count!!). You wil get a visa on arrival at the airport where you land internationally and this costs USD25 and will take up a whole page.

Working in the area I have seen and had to deal with the repercussions of immigration imposing 'fines' if you do not have the correct space in your passport!

If you can get extra pages in your passport (I was we could as UK citizens!) then I would do this!!

Happy Travels and I am very sure you will have a great time in Indonesia!

---------- Post added April 14th, 2012 at 11:21 PM ----------

OK Sorry I think I named the pages wrong!! Need at least 2/3 pages that aren't the endorsements (at the end of the passport) pages.

I (German national) just returned from Indonesia. I needed approximately 1/2 free page in my passport but I would recommend to have 1 free page in your passport. Of course you will still need to pay the 25 USD for a 30 day Visa On Arrival. Therefore more than 1 free page sounds a bit too much for me but obviously I'm not an indonesian customs official. HTH, Andy

Just an update for American Passport holders. When you renew, I highly recommend that when filling out the application form that you choose the option to get a passport with more pages (no extra charge), previously you had to write a separate letter requesting the passport with more pages, but now there is a check box, so everyone has the option. In the old days before the passports with electronic chips embedded in the cover, you could extra pages at no charge from any Embassy or State Dept office. Now extra pages are $80 (yes $80 US Dollars) so it is good idea that you do this.

As a US-passport holder who lives in SE Asia and travels frequently to Indonesia--

1) The added-pages option for US passports that was free of charge in 2009 when this thread was begun is no longer free. You can still add pages, but you have to pay a steep fee for this. You can add as many as 3 inserts total before you have to buy a whole new passport, regardless of whether you've reached the expiration date. My current passport has reached the limit of page additions (one TSA agent told me I had to put my "book" in the scanner as I held my passport to walk through the metal detector arch), and I expect to have to purchase a new passport before mine expires five years from now. Additional pages are available at any US Consulate ACS office if you find yourself in the middle of a trip without sufficient visa pages.

2) Indonesia is currently in the midst of moving from a full-page visa sticker to a half-page one. I've had both types very recently. It's possible that offices that still have a stock of the "old" full page visa stickers need to use this stock up before making the switch rather than just throwing the old ones away and using the new ones. I dunno. But I do know that I've received the full page ones in trips subsequent to times I've received the half-page ones. Regardless, you will need one full page for a visa sticker (in case you enter at a booth using the old full-page stickers) and another (partial) page for your in-stamp and your out-stamp. It's not necessary that these pages be contiguous. I don't have any visas/stamps in my own passport that are on contiguous pages, as a matter of fact. Furthermore, it doesn't matter at all what is printed on the top of the passport page. Any page will do, even the one that says "Endorsements" which is theoretically not intended for visas or visa stamps (this page contains notation of amendments to the passport such as the addition of pages).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom