Nurse Shark Saved

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diver in the video is carrying a spear gun. Presumably to spear and kill large fish around the wreck, and yet he's proud that he saved the life of...a big fish.

I don't get it, but maybe that's just me.

Apparently you feel that spearfishing is not something to be proud of. Do you feel the same way about hook and line fisherman or only spearfsiherman?

I thought the video was very cool. The guy handled the shark in an extremely efficiient manner and I think it provides a very good example for spearfisherman.

neat stuff! way to go!

The diver in the video is carrying a spear gun. Presumably to spear and kill large fish around the wreck, and yet he's proud that he saved the life of...a big fish.

I don't get it, but maybe that's just me.

Spearo's generally selectively target and kill their prey for consumption and in an efficient and humane manner. Compare that to the slow death from starvation that likely awaited this shark from a carelessly discarded object and it might make a bit more sense.

Apples and oranges.

That's awesome guys!! I'd love to take that video to school & show it to the kids so they can see for themselves how sea life is affected by the junk we throw in the water.

Good job Chip!

That's awesome guys!! I'd love to take that video to school & show it to the kids so they can see for themselves how sea life is affected by the junk we throw in the water.

If you PM me your email address I will send you the footage which you can then show to your class. The entire clip is about 90 MB which will easily fit on a thumb drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom