NY Scuba Store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are 2 shops left in the Rochester area (there used to be 4)

Picses school of dive - Penfeild
Aquatic Center- Henrietta

I'll leave my opinions out of this post :crafty:

Thanks. We are going to try the place you recommended in Depew hopefully this weekend too. How is the shop on the North end of Canandaigua Lake?

Did you go to Deep Run yesterday? That is only about 1 mile from my house.

Hi Kali_Razzle,

There is a Dive Shop in Auburn that is very good,Finger Lakes Scuba on Dill St.. In Syracuse area National Aquatic on Erie Blvd. and Aquatic World in North Syracuse. I have used all three shops and have been satisfied with all of them. Aquatic world has their own pool on site and you would probably be able to try equipment out. I use National Aquatic, as I trained with them, as my primary shop in this area.

chuckrt

Kail_Razzle.
I also recommend Discover Diving in Depew!! Also there's Aquarius Diving in Penfield that people have had great luck in. I've been to both Picses and the Aquatic center. PM me if you want more info(I've got good dirt on Tavi too!)!

Heather.

Kali_Razzle:
Thanks. We are going to try the place you recommended in Depew hopefully this weekend too. How is the shop on the North end of Canandaigua Lake?

The Owners are out of town this weekend. The shop is still open though.

Never been to the shop at the north end of the lake.

I was needed at work Thursday...........Bummer :11:

wish I had a place to dive a mile from my house!!!

If you make it out tommorow, I'll be at the shop from 10-noon

Kali_Razzle:
How is the shop on the North end of Canandaigua Lake?

Hey, the scuba shop near Canandaigua Lake is called, Canandaigua Sailboarding shop, it's on 11 Lakeshore Drive. It is a very small shop with kayaks, swimsuits/shorts, and a few scuba items. Nothing exciting but great deal on $ for air fills. Good location because it's near Canandaigua Lake so I can go back and forth for air fills if I need to.

I go to Deep Run almost every weekend during the summer but now I don't because I don't have a drysuit and will soon get them in a few weeks!

Canandaigua Lake: There are a few wrecks around and several kinds of fish. You will also see crawfish.

Don't forget the way cool Mudpuppies!!! I don't have a dry suit either, so I'm waiting for spring too!!

hnladue, oh yeah hellbenders because they have 4 legs. do you see 4 legs or 2 legs? where do you find them mostly? I only saw one hellbender and never saw it again!

There aren't hellbenders according to others herp people I know, but close to it!! And yes, they do have 4 legs!!

Back
Top Bottom