O-Ring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn Williams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
All:
Just being curious. Was wondering what size O-Ring Goes into the Suunto Tank POD for the eon steel and core? Reason I am asking is that since the recall came out, all tank pods that have been sent in now have a 1 year or 2 year warranty on them. So when the warranty runs out are all Suunto tank pods going forward will have to have battery, housing and oring replaced at a service center or will kits be available again in a year or two?

At any rate I am curious to know as I can’t find the O-Ring part number or size anywhere. Also can’t find the housing by itself either.

Before you respond please know, I am aware that the battery kits once offered are no longer available as Suunto has them on lockdown to L1 service centers.

Thanks

Suunto has told me, in no uncertain terms, that the transmitters and pods will only be serviced by L1 service centers from this point on. Parts, kits, etc. will not be available to dealers that are not service centers. I don't know the particulars, but there is some additional pressure testing being done by the service centers concurrent with the battery change.

Warranty status does not change any of that.

would you happen to know the correct size in imperial/English ? Thanks
If the correct size is 24x2, a metric o-ring, then there is no exact imperial equivalent. It is like asking what is the imperial equivalent to a 3mm-0.7 screw, or the metric equivalent to a 1/4-20 tripod screw.

The info you want is also in this thread: Suunto Transmitter O-rings
Note the size given there is 25x2, not 24x2 as in Post #4.

Another question. Are the orings the same for the Suunto transmitters other than the eon transmitters? Looks like the dimensions are the same for the tank pods.

Back
Top Bottom