O2 Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear

NOK
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, since I want to start mixing my own gases, I figured it was about stinkin' time I had my own analyzer.

So I ordered the kit from Oxycheque. 4 days later it arrived. I spread it all out on the workbench and got to work. What took the longest was cutting out and cleaning up the holes in the case. A dremel tool and a file helped with that. The soldering was pretty straightforward with the enclosed instructions telling in words and pictures where everything needs to be attached.

Finished it. Installed a battery. Turned it on. WooHoo!! It turns on!! OK - I calibrated it with air from an SCBA bottle - 20.9%, then checked it on an O2 bottle - 100.1%. Close enough for me :D

Next project - find all the parts n pieces to make the fill whips - I've been all over this little city without success - so it's off to the internet.

Snowbear:
Well, since I want to start mixing my own gases, I figured it was about stinkin' time I had my own analyzer.

So I ordered the kit from Oxycheque. 4 days later it arrived. I spread it all out on the workbench and got to work. What took the longest was cutting out and cleaning up the holes in the case. A dremel tool and a file helped with that. The soldering was pretty straightforward with the enclosed instructions telling in words and pictures where everything needs to be attached.

Where can I order one of these DIY kit.

Sam

S C:
Where can I order one of these DIY kit.

Sam

www.oxycheq.com

he is away at a show until monday, then will be off to BTS on friday..

The kit you are talking about is the el-cheapo

he sells alot of them.... He also has ready to use units as well

Thats a good kit and Patrick is more than helpful if you have any problems. I have built two, one for myself and one for my buddy.

For a mixing wip I got the wip with din conectors on each end from North East Scuba supply, and the din to 1/8 npt adapter.
The rest came from the local welding shop.

I built my El Cheapo II last night and went to my LDS to test it since I did not have any tanks with nitrox at home. On a tank that read at 34.2 on the shop's Analox analyzer, mine read 34.5. 2 hours with the dremel and a soldering iron.

I had mine for close to two years never gave me no trouble great kits !!!!!!!!!!!
of course hears made some up grades but just better LCD veiwer

Back
Top Bottom