O2 Kit for Personal Boat --- Questions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The DAN training for a BVM is a two-person skill; one is focussed on maintaining the seal and airway. Most of the concerns above about how it is so difficult to use are mitigated by having the second (trained) rescuer.

I had it at the back of my mind that it was included in diver training somewhere, just couldn't remember! Good point about an additional pair of hands.

As a largely unrelated example, I did a BP today for the first time in 2 1/2 months, and I was not smooth. It's surprising how perishible these skills are.

What is recommended for someone who usually quarry dives not super far from aid and has a partial al40 of o2 but hasn't taken CPR for about 8 years (know its probably time to take cpr again, thinking of dedicating al80 to o2) which of the 3 rescueean kits do you recommend, the cheapest one?
I would get the Basic set. If you are not a trained professional, you will have no need for the extra BVM.
The Basic set has both a "MouthtoMask" with O2 nipple for use in CPR settings, and a Mask with reservoir for the breathing patient. For the awake diver, use the regulator to save on oxygen. (Use the extra money you save on the advanced kit to tak a CPR/First aid class. This is fresh knowledge and needs to be revised regularly)
I can warmly recommend Lærdals Mini Anne. A small kit proven to teach both adults and small kids CPR. Made for home use and regular reviews. Costs about 30$ (I have no affiliations with the company, but I have used the Mini-Anne a LOT with students)

Looks a bit mini, I got a Little Anne with heaps of faces and lungs and stuff for 25 bucks

018.JPG

Might use the money I saved all those years ago buying a new mask for me lung buster

Lots to unpack here....can't thank you all enough! I expected some decent responses BUT not 5 pages of detailed information!!! Going to have to do some further studying before I pull the trigger on my exact system.

I did forget to add that I can have the tanks filled for free, as I work in the industry and have direct access to the fill station @ my LDS. I can also have the medical tanks I already have....hydro'd & O2 cleaned @ cost, which is not much $$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom