Oahu or Kauai diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont think I can blame the guides. I used Seasport based on the recommendations of several people in here. Seasport Divers was voted the #1 scuba dive operation on Kauai by the readers of Scuba Diving magazine in the October 2006 issue.
We spend the day at Na Pali about 2 hours from the dive shop. The guides were fine. It was the diving I found uninteresting. As I stated in my post I loved Kauai and plan to go back, but I wont waste my time diving. Clearly some people love diving Kauai. I'm just not one of them.
I'll spend my money diving at places like Cozumel, Truk Lagoon or Palau any day over Kauai.
Hey, maybe it was a bad day...or two.

I don't know SeaSport, so this is **NOT** directed at them.

It is, however, directed at Rodale's Scuba Diving. Their rating system is based on responses from customers. I know from experience with one of their other "top rated" dive ops that it's a joke of an award... and if you judged Maui on the basis that you "dove with the best" and it wasn't good, then we'd be having words.

Clearly some people love diving Kauai. I'm just not one of them.
I'll spend my money diving at places like Cozumel, Truk Lagoon or Palau any day over Kauai.
Hey, maybe it was a bad day...or two.

Thats a bummer guy. There is really good diving out here. I have had hard days when it was hard to find stuff. some dive spots are better than others though. You should really try it again. PM me I'll get you hooked up next time you are here.

I just got back from 10 days in Kauai and have to say of all my years of dive travel I've never been more disappointed.
The diving was actually boring and almost void of life compared to what I'm used to from other warm water dive sites.
I thought Jamaica was bad. Kauai is worse.
I love Kauai and will definitely come back, but I'll leave my dive gear at home.
Just my opinion folks.
It's so unfortunate that you came to our island and was disapointed with the diving that you did. I'm hoping you will give Kauai another chance when you come back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom