OC (Anaheim) Pools to use for training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melicertes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We've recently moved to a new area in SoCal and it's too far from our old LDS to viably and comfortably continue using their pool and their services for training purposes. My wife and I are independent instructors and like the freedom it gives us to train our students slowly and properly without the usual pressure from a shop manager to sell more, sell faster, sell greater, sell deeper...we all know the drill.

We had a great symbiotic relationship with our previous LDS; we would use their pool, gear rental services, air fill services etc. in exchange for bringing our students to them for competitive gear sales, good solid support, and travel bookings.

Now that we are "out in the cold" again, so to speak, we need to find a new pool resource that we could use to continue training students in? Everybody we've spoken to thus far in the area has been concerned about insurance liability issues because we are independent instructors and not full time employees that would be covered under their business insurance policy. I'm looking for any decent pool in the Anaheim area that we can take our students to for their pool sessions. It would be great (preferable) if the pool happens to be with an LDS so we can dovetail gear rentals/sales etc through them also like before, but if not, I'm happy to use a pool that would simply just allow us access for the sessions; we'd then make arrangements with an LDS for student gear, fills etc.

Any ideas? :coffee:

There is a dive shop with a pool at the corner of Vally view and Orange in the city of Cypress. It used to be Scuba Toys but now I think it is Beach Citys Scuba. You should talk to them, perhaps if you add them to your additional insured list they may work out a deal for you. They did for me when they were scuba toys even though it was a NAUI shop and I am a PADI instructor. I hope they are still as accomodating with the new onership.

vistasbelow:
There is a dive shop with a pool at the corner of Vally view and Orange in the city of Cypress. It used to be Scuba Toys but now I think it is Beach Citys Scuba. You should talk to them, perhaps if you add them to your additional insured list they may work out a deal for you. They did for me when they were scuba toys even though it was a NAUI shop and I am a PADI instructor. I hope they are still as accomodating with the new onership.

Thanks, I'll contact them to find out more about their current arrangements for independent instructors. :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom