Ocean Art underwater photo competition announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The Underwater Photography Guide is proud to announce it’s first annual Ocean Art photographic competition.

There’s over $62,000 worth of prizes including over 25 liveaboard and resort packages like trips on the Arenui, Solmar V, and Febrina liveaboards. Winners choose their own prize based on what is available which means people don’t end up with prizes they don’t want.

This contest has 11 categories, including a Novice dSLR and 3 compact camera categories – giving photographers of all levels a chance to win a prize. 1st, 2nd and even some 3rd place winners from each category will win a nice resort or liveaboard package.

This is an excellent opportunity for compact camera shooters to have a real chance at a great prize.

Judges include Martin Edge, Chris Newbert, Marty Snyderman and Bonnie Pelnar.

Information can be found on our contest page.
Underwater photo contest 2010|Underwater Photography Guide

From the terms of your contest:

Entrants, by submitting images, grant permission to Underwater Photography Guide to use winning entries for the promotion of the Underwater Photography Guide photo contests. All rights remain with the photographer. We are not interested in taking any other rights to the photo, selling it, making a book out of it, etc - it's your photo.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for running an ethical photo contest. :cool3:

Stinkynewf, your welcome. I think most of the popular underwater photo contests are run that way.

I hope all the novice dSLR shooters and compact shooters decide to enter. In all the categories, including novice dSLR and the 3 compact categories, 1st place will be a liveaboard prize worth $2500-$6000, and 2nd prize will be a resort package worth $1,000 - $2,000.

It's the first time that I'm aware of that compact shooters have multiple categories available in a major contest.

I think the shark, diver / fashion and nudibranch categories will be good ones to enter also because they will have lower numbers of entries, but the prizes will be just as good.

Please post if you have any questions.

Scott

ocean-art-logo-small.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom