Ocean encounters hyatt regency curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJMETZ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for anyone who has experience with this dive op recently. Read some reviews on trip advisor that were kind of mixed (some good-some bad)but view this as a better forum for objective opinions. Reviews of the Ocean Encounter ops in Willemstad all seem positive. Any input on the staff and the dive sites would be greatly appreciated.

I dove with them in the summer of 2011. I didn't like the island that much, but the resort (Hyatt) and the dive op were good enough that I would go back. It was pretty quiet when I was there, so there were only a couple of people diving with that OE location. They brought a boat from another ocean encounters location, and most of the dive sites were relatively close to the hotel, so we were usually the last ones picked up before diving, and the first to get dropped back off. The DM's were best that I've had in my short diving career, but I know for sure that one was planning on going back to the US, so he probably isn't there anymore. (Adam... you out there???)

The dives sites were ok, nothing spectacular. I did see a lot of bigger critters... eagles, sting rays, turtles. A couple of sites were slow drift dives. It's been a while since my trip to curacao... I'm sorry I can't give more detail. I remember really liking the hotel.

I dove with OE in October. I thought the op was just fine. Only thing was that from our resort Breezes/Princess/Sunscape, we had to go to Lions Den, Hilton, Hyatt to pick up divers at their other locations. But it wasn't that big of a negative. The DMs were great. We loved Paul & Nora. The boats were good, well maintained. I'd dive with them again any day.

Back
Top Bottom