Ocean Temperatures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pt40fathoms

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
pt40fathoms:
The following link is to a regularly updated satalite map of ocean temperatures.

Just though it would be interesting to find out what "some" people are diving in. :cheeky:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/products/OTIS/US058VMET-GIFwxg.OTIS.glbl_sst.gif

Oh, and it's a secure web site, so don't be alarmed when it comes up that way.
Very nice. Lots of colors. In fact, my lips turn the same color after a dive as is on the map for my area. :water:

Hey, link doesn't work anymore :(

That's odd, it's been up for months, and now poof. Gone?

Guess the military don't like us no more. :frown2:

works for me guys...

boggle

Works for me today.

Yeah it worked for me too. Up here in the NE US, it looks a little too cold to go for a dip, at least without a dry suit.

The site itself is secure so that might be why you can't reach it. Check your browser and network settings.

Yep, it's back up now. I guess it must have been down for service?

However the sit did come up with "permission denied"? Hmmm, is that a black helicopter out my window........

But if you want real time temp data click on the NOAA's National Data Buoy Center's site that covers most of North America, the Caribbean and Europe. It'll give you all the data streaming in from buoys in these areas.

I have the Florida one bookedmarked for quick reference.

Marc

I'll beat all your temperatures. Newfoundland actually doesn't get any more blue. And I'm diving wet this weekend ;p

Oh the things I do to be certified....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom