Oceanic Alpha 7 Service Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems that the industry manufacturers and dealers have this arraingement going on where they only let to the "authorized" dealers. I have heard a number of reasons why they claim that this policy is beneficial to the public interest. After tearing down a 1st, I must say they are simple as pie and I don't buy the theory.

The manufacturers are really assemblers. They normally don't make the parts, they just assemble and package them. The O rings can be purchased through trade stores and on-line. Most of the latest build regs use Viton rings.

I would recommend a lay-person read Vance Harlow's book to gain knowledge about materials. It is well worth the price.

You should and do need to know something about mechanics to perform this work.

This writing in entirely my opinion.

Yes I agree and I do know where to get the basic parts. I was trained as a service tech though not by Oceanic. I've been trying to find a source for Oceanic parts (high pressure Seats, Low pressure seats, etc) for some time now to no avail.

Yes, I to have conducted a thourgh search and found nothing. I have heard rumour that a place in Singapore would ship.

All of my gear is one to two years old. The only exception is the equipment I learned with in 1971. I don't use this stuff anymore. So, I don't need any parts for awhile.
But it would be great to find a source for seats and such.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom