Oceanic Alpha VII Reg Free Flowing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zeN||

Reaction score
I have a couple of Oceanic Alpha VII regulators, great regs, easy breathers, great price, but after about a year they seem to be free flowing a little, had them checked @ lds who swears they are perfectly functional, but in the water they are def free flowing a little: I spearfish and it makes it impossible to move with much stealth, any oceanic owners experience this problem ? Thanx ZeN||

Sure, many did. they had a recall for Alpha 7's late last tear or early this yr. try to find their website.

One of my ist stages was upgraded per the recall, the other was not, but I didn't read anywhere that the recall was related to free flowing probs; as I said my lds checked out my regs on his equipment and says they are operating perfectly, but I am experiencing a small amount of (obnoxious) bubbling between breaths zeN||

but it did make an ear-splitting popping noise on the first inhalation after attaching it to a cylinder.

Since the recall kit was installed, no problems.

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
but it did make an ear-splitting popping noise on the first inhalation after attaching it to a cylinder.

Since the recall kit was installed, no problems.

Are you serious?? Yeah the recall was about freeflows, but not as slight as what you mention. How about having one of them serviced? I know they said it was OK but by replacing the parts maybe that'll do it. If you can afford it right now that might be the best fix.

Yes, the recall was due to vibration, This is the recall:
"This alert requires that all CDX first stages currently in use must be retrofitted prior to continued diving.
Through ongoing research and development, Oceanic has determined that extreme vibration, sometimes described as 'hammering' may occur in the CDx First Stage regulator. It has been shown that harmonics in the first stage may cause this vibration"

http://www.oceanicuk.com/pages/quality alert.htm zeN

Back
Top Bottom