Closed Oceanic atom 3.1

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Used oceanic atom 3.1 in good shape. Asking $225 obo, buyer pays shipping and paypal fees. Can include the transmitter with the computer, $350 for both. Cross posted.
Screenshot_20200313-074107_Facebook.jpg

which transmitter is it? is it the newer one that uses CR123 battery or the older one that uses 3 watch batteries? Makes a difference in range and life of battery.

I believe it is about 6 years old, if that helps. I will look when I get a chance.

which transmitter is it? is it the newer one that uses CR123 battery or the older one that uses 3 watch batteries? Makes a difference in range and life of battery.
The "new" one has been in use for at least 10 years, likely longer. It requires a single CR2, not a CR123

The "new" one has been in use for at least 10 years, likely longer. It requires a single CR2, not a CR123

you are right on the battery size, my apologies for getting size wrong. I asked because I have gotten the older one on a used purchase before. Works but have to change batteries more often and has shorter range. I have one older and a newer one, in the last year have not had to change CR2 battery at all, but have had to change the older watch battery model 4 times.

you are right on the battery size, my apologies for getting size wrong. I asked because I have gotten the older one on a used purchase before. Works but have to change batteries more often and has shorter range. I have one older and a newer one, in the last year have not had to change CR2 battery at all, but have had to change the older watch battery model 4 times.
No problem. I have had PPS transmitters for 10 years. I have never had a transmitter battery go out. I change the transmitter battery at the same time I change the computer battery. For my Oceanic VT3 that ends up being a little over 200 dives, a bit over a year. The computer tells me when its battery is low, and gives me plenty of time to change it. I never got in the habit of checking the status of the transmitter battery. I have now also been diving a Teric for a little over a year. I guess I would wait until it gave me the low transmitter battery warning
upload_2020-3-13_14-2-6.png

Back
Top Bottom