Oceanic Compass-No Comparison to SK-7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an oceanic computer and do not like the compass at all. It is very sensitive to tilt and is hard to read through the side window. My Aeris computer has a much better compass (which is strange since they are both made by Pelagic.) Anyway, I just ordered an SK7 from Divetank.net for $59 shipped. Thought that was a pretty good deal.

CIB DIVING,
Thanks so much for the pic! I hadn't thought about the differences in the bezel angles. That may be something to consider.... I also didn't realize that Oceanic had changed their lubber line design over the years... Thanks. That was VERY helpful!
Jim

I will add that I have never used the compass while looking straight down on it. I always look over the top at the lubber line and through the side window at the degree. Don't know if that is just me since I use a peep site compass a lot during the summer.

With the "fudge factor" of degrees of tilt that Suunto gives you it is hard to beat the SK-7. I am sure that others work well but I usually try and buy the best unless it is like CIBDiving said...BS and hype. Usually isn't too hard to figure out though. That is one reason that I didn't pay over $2,000 for a dry suit.

Back
Top Bottom