Oceanic Delta3, DX4 and cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spray25

Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to diving and have purchased the Delta 3 and DX4 Reg setup. After reading a lot of posts here I have seen a lot of talk about the Apeks performance in cold water, but not much about my combo. Did I make a poor descion for cold water diving? I considered the Apeks but LDS didn't have and mail order place was out.

Your thoughts????

I have a Delta II DX4 and dive in Massachusetts. I have dove in January in icy cold conditions and have never had a problem. I have used mine for about 3 years now.

...........Arduous............

we use the delta 2 dx4 in our rental line and everyone raves about them. i use the delta 3 dx4 and do alot of cold water diving i think you made an excellent choice.

I think that the DX4/Delta III is a great combo for cold water diving personally. I thnk this because I watch numerous friends of mine who are using these dive under the ice with them in January/February (-10C - -20C) and never once have a problem. I am just waiting to sell m Delta II before I upgrade to the III.

Just my $.02 though.:D

Great reg! When i was living/diving in Ontario thats all i used! Ice Diving, almost ice diving and cold water diving... No problems.

Just watch out for corrosion if you do any salt water diving, rinse the second stage well, and make sure the dust cap and retainer nut is bone dry. just a bit of advice from a technician and owner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom