Oceanic Excursion - WELL DONE!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

616fun

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just want to say that Oceanic has done an excellent job with the Oceanic Excursion. I just picked mine up last night and will have it in the pool next week. So far I've only been able to strut around the house in it (my wife rolls her eyes as I flex wearing it), but what a difference from my old jacket.

I really like the streamlining of the BC. Since I usually carry a pony clipped off like a stage on deep dives it was really important to me to get rid of the bulk around the midline.

For anyone interested in getting rid of the bulky jacket, but really doesn't care to go full BP/Wing this BC is great. I'll throw a more thorough report out once I get it out for a few dives.

I bought the Excursion a couple of months ago and finally had a chance to dive with it yesterday on the west side of Oahu. It worked flawlessly! FWIW I put 2 lbs in each of the rear weight pockets and 6lbs in each front pocket which seemed to keep it well balanced.

I have no complaints. Great design and engineering.

I love mine, just took it to Marathon ( Florida Keys) last week. Till then I have only used it in cold water with a 7mm farmer John and lots of weight. I was happy to see it work well with just a shorty and a couple pound hanging from it.

I have had mine for a few months and have put about 18 dives on it and I love it.

I've had mine for almost 2 months before I could finally give it a go (ear problems) two weekends ago. First back inflation BC for me. I love it. Some might miss the pockets, but there are plenty of D-rings. Considering how much I loved it with all the neoprene I had for the 40 degree water, I can't wait till I get to the Tortugas next month.

This weekend, I'll see if I have any complaints (doubtful) while using a dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom