Oceanic Geo 2.0 vs Agualung i200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozdiver3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just curious - are these the exact same wrist computers just branded different?

Thanks, Rob

Aqualung bought the computer manufacturing division of AUP last year so their new computers are all but identical to the Oceanic/Hollis computers.

that said, you get dual algorithm with the Geo and don't with the Aqualung. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Z+ that Aqualung is using, however there are times when the DSAT model is less restrictive. I wouldn't say it is a deal breaker though, just a feature that is missing when they acquired the brand

Tbone, thanks for the quick response. Although am kind of wanting a watch size - what you recommend if i put a Zoop in the mix?
Thanks, Rob

Aqualung bought the computer manufacturing division of AUP last year so their new computers are all but identical to the Oceanic/Hollis computers.

that said, you get dual algorithm with the Geo and don't with the Aqualung. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Z+ that Aqualung is using, however there are times when the DSAT model is less restrictive. I wouldn't say it is a deal breaker though, just a feature that is missing when they acquired the brand

Is there ever a time when the DSAT is more restrictive?

To the OP, to be clear, the Geo and i200 both have the PZ+ algorithm. The Geo just has an additional, less restrictive, option - DSAT. IOW, the Geo gives you exactly everything that the i200 gives you, plus more.

Before I started tech diving and bought a tech computer, the only computer I had (still have it) is the Atom, which is like the Geo but with Air Integration. I always used it in DSAT mode, and would have no hesitation in continuing to use it if I were doing recreational dives.

I haven't actually run the numbers, but PZ+ should allow for a longer bottom time when in the 80+ft depth range as a fresh diver. They may have it tweaked so it always runs more conservative but I'm not sure. DSAT is a pretty aggressive algorithm in and of itself so it may be tweaked where it is also giving a bit more NDL

Not trying to high jack the thread, but how do these handle in cold water with gloves? I have an i300 and am looking to use it for a backup to either one of these computers.

Thanks,
Erik

I use my Geo 2.0 in cold water with gloves, both wet and dry. I put it on and I don't mess with it on the dive.

The thickest gloves I use are 3mm wet gloves. Colder than that and I'm using a drysuit and dry gloves. With the 3mm wet gloves, I don't have any issues operating my Atom.

@Marie13, it sounds like the Geo doesn't give any special info in dive mode, which is true of the i300 as well. (Temp and time and fo2, po2 when using nitrox)

@stuartv, that leads me to believe that the buttons being on the side don't make it difficult to engage them.

Thank you both for the info.

Back
Top Bottom