oceanic octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mooseknuckles

Registered
Reaction score
hello,
I was wondering if anyone has the good/bad/ugly on the "Oceanic Swivel Octopus" Does it out-perform the dacor viper octo?
- And if you got the time:
Are the connections for 1st stage, 2nd stage, gauge console, etc. all a standard size thread so that I can piece together my own unit? (example= sherwood 1st,scuba pro reg., dacor octo, oceanic pressure gauge) -Or are some 1st stgs,regs, and octos non-compatable?

Let me 1st address the octo question... My buddy dives with the swivel and loves how it streamlines and stays out of the way. I've tried it under several conditions like water up to 40 deg at 60 feet and at shallower depths with better temps. This of course was non-emergeny, just testing i t out. I found that it breaths very well! I have a sherwood slimline and love it... in comparisson they are about the same... I like the sherwood better, he likes the oceanic.

About the configuration... pretty much most setups are compatable a few cannot work together... I would like to ask why mix the 1st and second stage? Most are made to work well together and I've yet to see a diver with a mix! My only concern on the mix is that it is an untested config... plus god knows what it will do to the waranty? My advise is find a 1st and second stage by one manufacture that you like. As for the slimline and other connections all HP and LP ports are standard. Good luck and read the posts about regs and 1st stages your interested in; they will help!

Thanks for the info Doc,
I'm a sherwood fan myself,-have the magnum/ never a problem- but to be honest, I didn't even know that they made a slimline. I'll look into it for sure. - good post!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom