Oceanic Pro Plus 2 - $450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimmy71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Oceanic pro plus 2 with compass and computer cable to Download dives. Computer has had screen protector on it since I bought it. The bubbles and such is the protector and not the screen. Bought the computer in late 2002/early 2003. It has <200 dives on it. Recent battery change and has been dove in the last week with no problems. This computer has NEVER failed me. I need a computer with gas switching so I need to sell. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Price is 450 shipped to your door in US and will have to figure out how much shipping will be out of the US.

Thanks for looking.

Jimmy

PS - I know the pics look like crap. I have no idea how to take a decent picture of the screen without making it look really bad and washed out. The plastic shows wear and tear but the screen is clean.

Attachments

• IMG_3543.jpg
    IMG_3543.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3544.jpg
    IMG_3544.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3545.jpg
    IMG_3545.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 90
Jimmy 71 what is your bottom line on this? I am looking at the new Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1 with Compass.

jheynow

Attachments

• IMG_3552.jpg
    IMG_3552.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3549.jpg
    IMG_3549.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 103
Looks good. Though I heard the new one has steel buttons and might be better.
So you haven't had any water leakage?

No, I have not had any leaks or failures, even after changing the battery. It is pretty simple.

The metal button version is the 2.1 as i understand it. Oceanic has not changing this computer in over 10 years. I have a feeling they wanted to make a "change" to seem new. There are no changes with the 2.1 that i have been able to notice. I was a little shocked when i realized this. Any differences i noticed were minor at best. I could be wrong and would welcome anyone to correct me.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

of course. Would be hard for them to release a new computer model without it being "new." They are also asking 889.95 for a new one with USB cable. I can not say that the changes they have made make it worth the extra money. I could be wrong and that is for people to decide. I do not see any value in the 2.1.1 over the 2. I am also a little surprised as I would have said that mine records PSI with each data point. It will at least report it at every point on a downloaded dive.

If they had added the ability to gas switch or diff algorithm it would be a diff story. Then again I guess this is why it is the 2.1.1 and not the 3 version. Not much changed.

jimmy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom