Oceanic Pro Plus 2 Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaman_06

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 air integrated 2 dive computer that I got back in 2008. I just got back from a dive trip and the computer is stuck on the FLY H20 screen. Pressing any button doesn't do anything and it still says that I have 21 hours and 24 min until I can fly. I thought replacing the battery might help though when I put a new battery in it just reverts back to the same screen.

Any ideas? Before now the computer worked fine.

Just guessing but maybe it needs a long soak in some warm water ? Something could be clogged by salt crystals.:idk:

Try removing the battery and shorting the terminals inside the computer for several seconds. Then replace the battery.

tech. how would I short the terminals?

tech. how would I short the terminals?

Paperclip or piece of wire. It's completely harmless, all you are doing is discharging any "keep-alive" capacitors that are retaining power to the computer.

If shorting the terminals (without the battery in place) causes you any concern, you can probably accomplish the same thing by leaving the battery removed for 24 hours.

If this fails to work, and you've tried a fresh battery, then I'd ask Oceanic how to proceed.

Back
Top Bottom