Oceanic Pro Plus 2 vs Pro Plus 3 HP Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scubadada,

My Pro Plus 2 was actually the second one I owned. The first one died about a year after I put it in service, and Oceanic replaced it at no cost to me. The Pro Plus 2 is being sent in for service (re-calibration / refurbishment) and once it comes back, it will go to my daughter for her use. We both win as I get a new computer which will get a lot of use, and my daughter will also have a computer for her use. :thumb:

Divegoose

My new Pro Plus 3 arrived this morning :thumb2: It was a gift from my daughter and son-in-law :bday:
After getting it all set up, I can't wait to put it through its paces starting next Sunday in Cozumel. :yeahbaby:

Divegoose

My new Pro Plus 3 arrived this morning :thumb2: It was a gift from my daughter and son-in-law :bday:
After getting it all set up, I can't wait to put it through its paces starting next Sunday in Cozumel. :yeahbaby:

Divegoose
I have a proplus 3 its pretty good - i primarily bought it because it has a big screen and its easy to read- theres plenty of features and 3 gas options and myriad of alarms, almost too many though you can turn them off. there a useful tip for air/EAN setting ,if you dive on nitrox first then switch to air on your second dive of the same day make sure you set the fo2 to 21% not AIR as it wont allow you to switch to air if diving nitrox on your first dive. (for 24hr)

if your using more than 1 gas the proplus 3 will always got to GAS 1 ( i think default is air) first once you get under water you can switch to GAS2 or you can set up gas1 to whatever you want before you dive

its not really as technical dive computer but a great rec one- I don't like the lock out violations although you can get around that -i prefer have more control over mc DC- i bought a perdix to cover a bigger range of dives but I still enjoy my proplus 3

Thanks for the tip lermontov. Right now I strictly dive air, with no plans to get Nitrox certified, but will keep this in mind should I go that route.

Divegoose

I currently have an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 that is nearing the end of its functional life cycle, and am considering upgrading to the Pro Plus 3. Just wondering if the Pro Plus 3 is compatible with a Pro Plus 2 HP hose. If I can buy just the computer and compass, without the hose, I will have a few more dollars to spend on other dive equipment.

Anyone using a Pro Plus 3 ? Any feedback on its performance ? My LDS is an Aqualung dealer, and is trying hard to get me to go with an i550. Anyone using an i550 and have any feedback on it ?

** Also posted this question in the manufacturers forum ** but also wanted feedback from the end user.

Thanks and dive safe !!

Divegoose
Hi @Divegoose

Sounds like you have taken care of your problem by purchasing the PP3. Your problem with the PP2 might be the pressure sensor, Oceanic may have replaced it inexpensively, Regardless, sounds like you have lost confidence in that computer. I had pressure sensors go out on 2 PPs purchased in 2002, Oceanic sent me 2 refurbished PP2s at no cost as they were no longer able to repair the PP. The PP2s are the ones still in service mentioned in post #3

Hi,
Did you end up getting the pp3 with a new hose? If so, wanna sell your pp2 hose?
Sorry if you're getting this repeatedly. Having trouble replying.

Back
Top Bottom