Oceanic service questionable...???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutly without question they would... Its not the point. ......:

but isnt that the argument about buying your stuff from a lds.... you pay that bit extra to let them sweat the small stuff like this

i can only suggest that if oceanic took every call from every individual buyer of oceanic equipment they are going to have to set up a call centre in india somewhere to deal with the volume - thats why they have distributors & lds to act as agents and assist in dealing with this stuff.

DiveRightIn has made an offer to help you out here and i see you have pm'd him - excellent

i know from experience Oceanic run a good crew so i suspect they will post here at some point to also assist so hopefully you will be asking for a name change from stinks to rocks :D

good luck with your gear!!!

cheers

Shall I go on? I have lots more examples of the lousy service... AND I'm NOT alone. All unfortunate. I do want to give them an opportunity to respond and DO THE RIGHT THING HERE. shall we?

It looks like you shall. IMHO, this last post is a clear start of your doing yourself more harm than good. Did you purchase this computer from an authorized Oceanic dealer?

Any one else have the feeling a person choosing oceanicservicestinks for a screen name is on a mission?

oceanicservice,

Sorry, not into using your complete user name. I think this board has seen and Oceanic has proven over many years and many customers that we have excellent service and continually go the extra yard to assist consumers of our product. Aside from the fact that I am an Oceanic rep, on a personal level I find your level of dissatisfaction based on your post over a "defective lens protector" widely disppraportionate to the issue at hand. Unless there is a great deal more that we are unaware of going on. After our promisesto you were not fulfilled to your satisfaction a simple post under a real username usually does the trick to get us involved and a solution would be found to satisfy any issue.

Between both companies I have received six various samples between the GEO and AERIS Manta watch and there has never been a lens protector on any of those units. Granted I may have received some of the early units out the door since I need my sample early on. Let me check on Monday to see if we started packaging these watches with a lens protector at some point. If we have you can be assured I'll be happy to send one out to you. I have worn the watch for months and months, never had a issue wearing the watch with the traditional strap and the Velcro strap is sold as an ad on sport band.

Clearly you seem to have a great deal of animosity towards our brand. I am assuming that there are other issues of poor service as you have claimed. Feel free to PM or post here if you feel I or anyone can be of service and if I can't help I will see that the correct person will be advised on how best to handle your service issues.

Cordially,
Darryl Bowerman
South-Central Sales Manager

I notice the the OP is "NA" now ...

I too have had an excelent support from Oceanic, replaced my computer even after the warr had expired after I discovered a crack in the battery cover caused it to stop working months later when I went to use it again .. And a supporting word from my LDS that the console it was in showed no damage helped, I'm sure

Thanks Darryl

I just think he is a poser....Who got a super deal online and now regrets it 'cuz he can't get service from the original spot...

Clearly a troll just out here stirring things up. Most likely it's some putz who goes around everywhere he can and shouts "Suunto RULZ!"

I think that you'll find that the vast majority of our customers find that our level of support goes far above and beyond what is expected. Please send me a PM with your shipping address, I'll see to it that your lens protector is replaced immediately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom