Oceanic Versus Pro vs. veo 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mackenzi25

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information or recommendation between the oceanic versa pro and the veo 200. As far as I can tell they have the same features the only difference I can find is that the veo 200 is about $50 cheaper. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

I think the only real difference is the ability to set P02 on the Versa Pro. Other than that, they look about the same. The display is certainly bigger on the Versa Pro though, don't know if that's any sort of issue. The Veo is a tiny computer. It fits in a standard hockey puck mount, but only with an included ring that makes it both wider and taller. If you can get it with a wrist mount made for the Veo 200 and not a standard hockey puck, it will be tiny on your wrist (think big watch size).

Could you give a bit more info on the VEO 200 in regards to it fitting in a console. Doesn't it just drop in? or is it smaller/bigger?
I am about to buy one, but have never seen one "inperson"
Thanks

Diverrick,

I purchased mine from LP and it looked like any other computer except those like the Mares line that seem to be rectangles. I've never had any problem reading the numbers as related to the size.

Harbour

Last summer I bought A Veo 200 because of the LARGE display,Nitrox compatible and audible alarms.All of my dives have been 100 plus feet on NC wrecks and I am happy as can be with it.It turns out I do not really need the audible alarm but for the money,$300.00 on sale at my LDS I am happy with my choice.I payed a bit more than LP but LP will not lend me a replacement computer the day before a trip if I have a problem and my LDS will.
Dive safe
Tom

diverrick once bubbled...
Could you give a bit more info on the VEO 200 in regards to it fitting in a console. Doesn't it just drop in? or is it smaller/bigger?
I am about to buy one, but have never seen one "inperson"
Thanks

A 'standard' console for the older hockey-puck type computers made by Pelagic (Genesis, Oceanic, Sherwood, Aeris, etc.) will require an adapter for the Veo 200 to fit correctly. It should come with the computer. The Veo is both smaller in diameter than the older computers, as well as shorter in height (as you would expect, since new technology usually = smaller size). The adapters are plastic rings (top and bottom) that make up for the height/diameter.

Looked at both before I replaced my old non-nitrox computer. The Versa Pro's larger display was a big seller with me; also like the button layout better - easier to use with gloves. IMHO

Oh yeah, paid $250 with wrist mount at LDS.

I bought a pair of Veo-200's with wrist mounts. They did NOT come with any adaptors to fit them into a console. They are a little bit smaller in diameter than a standard depth gauge, and quite a bit thinner.

Be careful removing it from the wrist-strap. There's a steel pin that must be pushed out from the side, and the instructions don't mention anything about that.

PurduEE once bubbled...
I think the only real difference is the ability to set P02 on the Versa Pro. Other than that, they look about the same.....

You can set the FO2 anywhere between 21% and 50%, and also set your own PO2 alarm with the veo 200. I don't know what the versa pro can do.

Regarding Versa Pro and Veo 200:
AFAIK, the features are the same. The owner of my LDS (an Oceanic dealer) said that the VEO came about when people liked what the features on the VP, but didn't like the fact that the VP could not fit into a console made for the "hockey puck" size computers.
Evidently, Oceanic was loosing customers who liked what the computer could do, but didn't want to have to purchase a new console, or go to a wrist model, to be able to use it.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom