Oceanic VT 4.0 freezes after 3rd dive in a day-Hard Reset question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think at this point all we can do is speculate. It sounds to me like there is something more wrong here than just a dead battery and I think you're wise to not jump to conclusions before you have all the facts.

If you get right down to it, there are always two main suspects in cases like this. hardware and software. If water got inside then it could explain what you're seeing. If the battery was faulty or possibly installed incorrectly then it could explain it. If the pressure sensor is malfunctioning it could also explain it because the computer will want to be in dive mode while on the surface and there is no telling how the software would react to that.

There shouldn't be any software issues if the computer was upgraded. Upgrading does indeed wipe all previous memory so it would have been "blank" when you got it back from that.

Once again, I think the best course of action for you now is to phone Oceanic and ask them what they suggest.

Good luck in any case. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

R..

Thanks for helping me out. I'll call Oceanic tmr and see how they handle this situation. It would suck if I had to pay more to get it fixed... if the computer get flooded during the dive, dont you think the whole screen would go black though? After the dive, the computer is still running fine after 40 mins of SI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom