OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive noticed that when i enter manual info that i get no SAC rate. If i enter an AVERAGE DEPTH than it calculates SAC rate. So my question is what should i use for average depth? Should i use my max depth or 1/2 or 1/4 what would be a good suggestion? This is for dives done before i had a computer. Im trying to log all my dives in OceanLog.
Thanks

without a square profile dive, picking an average depth for SAC rate is kinda meaningless, and even one downloaded from your computer is not exact unless you can pick a start/stop time for it to use for averaging

When I try to read some new dives from my Atom 2.0 (using Vista Ultimate x64), although it finds the USB interface, when I push the 'play'-button, it immediately stops and says 'Invalid Product - Process Terminated'.
Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem, although I downloaded and installed the latest Oceanlog software. I followed the instructions on the Oceanic website to install the software so I'm not sure what happened. Does anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks!

A person in another thread who was having the "Invalid Product - Process Terminated" problem passed along a suggestion to change the battery. Even though mine was showing at near full strength I changed it and then I was able to download. Hope that helps!

-Melissa

I have a new Datamask and I have 2.1.6 softwear now with 20 dives in the Log book. I see that there is a new Upgrade 2.1.8 on the web.
It says to: Uninstall of previous version IS REQUIRED.
I can't find an uninstall program within it's program file. I can go to Add or Remove programs in the Control Panel and remove it that way but would I NOT lose all my logged dives?
I could rename the OLD program, install the NEW one and copy the data file out of the old one into the new one. OR would that corrupt the NEW program............
Can someone tell me a better way.
I just don't want to lose the dives I have logged in.

Thanks
Blaise

I have a new Datamask and I have 2.1.6 software now with 20 dives in the Log book. I see that there is a new Upgrade 2.1.8 on the web.
It says to: Uninstall of previous version IS REQUIRED.
I can't find an uninstall program within it's program file. I can go to Add or Remove programs in the Control Panel and remove it that way but would I NOT lose all my logged dives?
I could rename the OLD program, install the NEW one and copy the data file out of the old one into the new one. OR would that corrupt the NEW program............
Can someone tell me a better way.
I just don't want to lose the dives I have logged in.

Thanks
Blaise

Uninstall the software through Add/Remove Programs will not result in you losing your data.

If you are still uncomfortable simply copy the file with a file extension of .dlg from the Logs folder located within the OceanLog installation folder to another location.
  1. Uninstall using the Control Panel applet.
  2. Check the Logs folder you will see that the .dlg files are still there.
  3. Install the new version of OceanLog
  4. Start OceanLog and you will see that all your dives are still there.

Thanks Ronbeau,

That worked great.
Now I have another question. Nothing to do with the mask.

If you use Add/Remove programs to remove programs and it removes the program but NOT the data would it be safe to say that after a while would you not have a lot a data just wasting space on you hard drive?
Anyway thanks again for you help..

Blaise

Thanks Ronbeau,

That worked great.
Now I have another question. Nothing to do with the mask.

If you use Add/Remove programs to remove programs and it removes the program but NOT the data would it be safe to say that after a while would you not have a lot a data just wasting space on you hard drive?
Anyway thanks again for you help..

Blaise

You will always have only one .dlg file in the main Ocelot folder.

You will need to determine how many backup copies of your logs that you need. Without any pictures in my logs and 73 dives the log files take about 1.25 MB each which is pretty small by current standards. If you have photos within you log files they might be much larger depending on the resolution of the photos.

You will probably have several files in the backup folder that you will need to delete backup log file that are over a certain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom