OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJMike:
The SIT times still are inaccurate. I installed 2.1.4, imported the dives from 2.1.3, and none of the SIT times are correct. The most obvious error is that on the first dive of the day, it shows a SIT time! For example, on one of my days of diving, it shows a SIT time of 1:14 before the first dive.

This is something that I pointed out much earlier in 2.1.3.

I haven't had any problems with the software keeping the proper surface interval times.

Hi Doug, Do you know about when the Aeris version will be ready?

Thanks,
Tom

Well here is my "issues" with the software, only one of the issues I have raised many times seems to have been corrected. ( This PDC & software is set to metric )

A: Temperature displayed on the dive data details box on the dive details box is not consistent with either reality or the dive data history page. The last dive I did 2 weeks ago goes from 24.5 to 31.7 deg but the computer itself lists the min as 16 and the max as 21 after a log of 18 dives.( The water was actually 17 deg as I checked ), that is confirmed even on the "dive' page as this dive had a minimum of 17.2 deg.

B: Average depth calculation now seems to be correct.

C: SAC rate still shows 0, and yes I have inputted all the required info such as working pressure,( 300 bar ) cylinder size ( 10 litre ) but every dive still shows SAC 0 ,

Also the dive data details box on the dive details page should be able to be "dragged" wider into the unused page area so as you do not have to scroll back & forth to view all the info presented.

Also the dive sample rate needs another option of either 2 seconds ( not enough memory for 3 dives ) or 15 seconds ( clunky graph ) , perhaps 5 seconds would be a great compromise.

And maybe the ability to "customize" some things such as page & graph colours etc.

PS: I have sent you a copy of my backup files to your personal email.

Mark Lynch

Ohh and:

D:How can the software give you a Surface interval of 23 Min's on the first dive ?? , the previous dive was 2 weeks ago ?

E: As pointed out previously the "dives listing" needs to default to the last dive, not the first.

F: The ability for the user to set the deco depth to the same as the safety stop depth for situations where a deco platform or trapeze is provided ( all deco here is done at 5 meters )

Mark

Specmac:
Thanks Doug,

By the way for Vista 64 bit version we need a new x64 bit USB driver. The one on the website will not work because it's unsigned and Vista now requires all drivers to be signed.

-Bryan

Hmm yet another good reason to wait a couple of years before making the plunge into Microsofts latest blunder

Doug, any chance you guys will write a mac version of the software?

Ewww enter invalid information and program gives a runtime error code and crashes... runtime error 380, invalid property value

Doug, I was going to pm you my log file, but just noticed that the log file I restored from backup is also missing some dives. Question - is there any way to build a new log file using the raw ".dat" files??? I looked under "import" data, and did not see a reference to "dat" files. The only option was Microsoft Access files.
Tom

Doug,
One thing that I don't get is why the formats for export and import are not the same.

It would make sense to me to be able to export from one log and import (as additional dives) into a different log.

I don't see a way of consolidating dives from two diifferent computers into one dive log. If there is a way.. please tell me where I can find out how.

I appreciate the opportunity to input directly like this.

Thanks

Frank: you asked a question that I can actually answer! You CAN input dives from multiple different devices into one "log". You just have to specify what the dive computer is when you make your connection and go to add dives. My log actually has dives from a Versa Pro, and 2 different VT Pros, although they were NOT being used simultaneously, and were on different dives. The dive page shows which computer was used on a given dive. (Hopefully that is not why my log is scrambled????)

Divingguy:
Frank: you asked a question that I can actually answer! You CAN input dives from multiple different devices into one "log". You just have to specify what the dive computer is when you make your connection and go to add dives. My log actually has dives from a Versa Pro, and 2 different VT Pros, although they were NOT being used simultaneously, and were on different dives. The dive page shows which computer was used on a given dive. (Hopefully that is not why my log is scrambled????)
Thanks DG,
I am actually talking about dive logs that were already uploaded into previous versions, not directly from the dive computer. And to be honest.. one of the dive computers was an Aeris and one an older Pro Plus that needed it's own dedicated PC with Windows ME installed and a parallel port IR adapter :shakehead . I needed to combine the dives from logs on two different machines. Now I have a new Pro-Plus 2 (yay!!) so I would like to blend all those dives into one log to match my paper log.
I did manage to do something to merge them (I can't figure out what I did) and like you, my data got corrupted.
It should be easy to append dives from one log file to another via export/import.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom