OCi dead (blank) after firmware upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeeAir

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all!
I attempted to download my latest dives from my OCi to my computer using Oceanic Ocean Log software. It failed to download after two attempts. I noticed the software had an update to version 2.5.0 (build 12.04.15). I updated it successfully. I then proceeded to checking the firmware version of the PDC. There was an update (from 1D.03) so I proceeded to installing it:
FIRMWARE UPDATE
MODEL
Oceanic OCi
NEW VERSION
1F.03

After a few minutes I got the confirmation that the firmware update was successful. All good right!?

Then I look down at the screen and it's completely blank. Nothing's being displayed. I just had the batteries changed last week so it can't be that. I tried holding down the Mode & Select buttons down for a few seconds, tapped my head while rubbing my belly in circular motions (clockwise)... nothing worked.

It's Friday evening and Oceanic support will not answer. Anyone out there experienced a similar issue? Any advice? I really don't want to lose my last dive logs :(

Thanks for your time,
Pierre

Pierre,
Mine did the same. Blank after firmware update.
I tried the wake up from deep sleep mode.
Upper right button (S) and lower left (A), together for 3 seconds.
It worked for me
Richard

Hi Richard,
Holding down buttons S & A for 3 seconds did the trick. Thank you very much!

Unfortunately I still cannot download my dive logs after the software & firmware upgrades :-/
Still getting a failure to download. The connection is made and I see the progress. But it never succeeds. I've tried a few times as I've had this happen before in the past. But this time I consistently get a failure. Must be an issue with the software/firmware. I'll call Oceanic support on Monday to ask.

Thanks again for your help :thumb:
Pierre

Hi Charles,
Haven't found a solution yet. Wasn't able to speak to Oceanic support today. Will try again later this week.

In the meantime, someone did suggest I try importing my logs with another software (e.g.: Subsurface) as it may be a bug in Oceanic's Ocean Log software. I will try this tonight and update the thread with my findings.

Cheers,
Pierre

Shortly after your last note, I discovered that Oceanlog had upgraded their software (v 2.5.0). I downloaded and installed and found it only marginally better than before. I then discovered that there was an upgrade available for the OCi firmware. Again, I downloaded and installed and found it only marginally better than before. I am still somewhat frustrated with the Oceanic dive logging.

Then I decided to try SubSurface. It is free, so why not? Wow! Great software. After very little effort, this software works great. And did I mention that it is free? Downloads worked effortlessly the first try. It is very configurable. And it's free!

I'll keep the Oceanlog software just maintain the ability to upload and install firmware upgrades etc., but it looks like all my logs are going over to SubSurface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom