Octo Z on a Oceanic BC question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinepig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My LDS should have my new Octo Z by Monday, when installing it do you replace the entire corrugated hose up to the shoulder dump or just the end of the hose with the new " water hose " fitting. It's not that big of a deal as I'll find out when I pick it up either way.

2nd part, will if fit on an Ocenic Chute III BC or will I need an adapter kit of some kind.

Thanks
Charlie

It should not be difficult. The Octo Z should come with connectors to fit the standard size hoses

1 Cut the tie wrap holding the hose to the inflator.
2 Pull the hose back from the inflator.
3 Slide the pin holding the dump cable to the inflator out.
4 Slide the pin through one side of the proper size connector then through the dump valve cable and then into the other side of the connector.
5 Slide the connector into the hose and put a new tie wrap on the hose to secure it to the connector.

Done :D

Replace the entire hose. It may fit on the Chute, easy to try it.

It should not be difficult. The Octo Z should come with connectors to fit the standard size hoses

1 Cut the tie wrap holding the hose to the inflator.
2 Pull the hose back from the inflator.
3 Slide the pin holding the dump cable to the inflator out.
4 Slide the pin through one side of the proper size connector then through the dump valve cable and then into the other side of the connector.
5 Slide the connector into the hose and put a new tie wrap on the hose to secure it to the connector.

Done :D

Sweet, thanks.

As a follow up I was able to pick up the Octo-Zs today ( the wife got one as well, shh it's a Christmas present ). They do not come with a new corrugated hose but with the " water hose " connection with a new pin for the pull dump. Now if you had a standard 1" dump hose it would be a no brainer, well Oceanic ( Aries and Hollis as well from what I understand ) come with a 3/4" sized hose. Lucky for me my LDS is an Atomic dealer as well and the Atomic safe seconds do come with multiple adapters ( the water hose connector ) and since they had a few extras laying around they just gave me what I needed and they fit perfect on the Octo Z.

I don't know if Zeagle makes a different connection for those oddball BCs ( I'm almost certain they would ) but I'm sure Scott will come in and set that straight.

Can't wait to try out these and our new regs ( Zeagles:D) in Cozumel in 23 days.:)

I don't know if Zeagle makes a different connection for those oddball BCs ( I'm almost certain they would ) but I'm sure Scott will come in and set that straight.

We don't make the various connector size pieces...only the 1" - but like you said, there are some pretty easy ways around that!!!

Have fun on your diver trip...

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom