Ocular migraine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you were really hungry, also check your blood sugar. When my blood sugar gets very low, my vision goes wonky.

Doc says it wasn't an ocular migraine. After a very thorough series of tests he said I had a vitreous detachment in my left eye. He said there was no reason I can't dive and to call him if I have another episode.
My ophthalmologist is also a diver.

Sorry to hear about this event, but very glad you got a definite answer, that doesn't preclude more diving!

I've got that in both eyes. Damn age related bs. Doesn't stop me from doing anything but it is annoying.

Last edited:
Chilly, I hear ya about age related bs. I am 58 and finally understand what my dad said years ago. Getting old ain't for sissies.
True enough.....but what are you going to do when you get _______old________?

I think mine are stress related and seem to come in groups, rarely just a single episode. I'll be fine for months, then have 3 - 5 in a week. Luckily a couple aspirin clears it. The worst included an episode of aphasia, had me thinking it was a stroke. Aphasia lasted about 30 minutes. I knew what I wanted to say but the words came out 'blrrrrk gkfdslg erew'.

I saw my PC NP after that episode, got a diagnosis. Until then, I thought everyone experienced the wavy lines from time to time.

Wow, that sounds more like a TIA, than an ocular migraine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom