Official Remembrance Day 2010 dive thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Nov 11 is coming up (next Thursday). I thought it might be fun to have an official RD thread where Western Canadian divers can post in with their plans or dive reports for the day.
I don't have school, can ditch work and have clearance from the missus so I would love to get out with some friends for a day trip somewhere. Tuwanek, Ogden point, Keystone...
Anyone else have plans?

Please enlighten...

I've stood Cenotaph guard duty for several years myself and spend seven years marching with scouts during RD ceremonies but maybe I'm missing something? Perhaps you get weekends off to go diving? I have one and a half weekends every five weeks where I don't have child care commitments so I thought perhaps Thursday would be a good day to connect with my freinds, otherwise I solo 90% of the time. You may remember them once a year but I spend much of my week working with those of veteran age. Have you taken any vets out shopping lately, socialized with them when they suffer from Alzheimers or Parkinsons or helped them regain function in their daily lives?

My gratitude is dynamic, not static.

I'm thinking of heading out of town that week-end, take a ferry ride and stay somewhere Thursday and Friday night. Dive Thursday, maybe Friday. Will have the kid and GF in tow.

I'm thinking Sechelt/Tuwanek, or Brentwood Bay/Victoria area... Thoughts?

Please enlighten...

I've stood Cenotaph guard duty for several years myself and spend seven years marching with scouts during RD ceremonies but maybe I'm missing something? Perhaps you get weekends off to go diving? I have one and a half weekends every five weeks where I don't have child care commitments so I thought perhaps Thursday would be a good day to connect with my freinds, otherwise I solo 90% of the time. You may remember them once a year but I spend much of my week working with those of veteran age. Have you taken any vets out shopping lately, socialized with them when they suffer from Alzheimers or Parkinsons or helped them regain function in their daily lives?

My gratitude is dynamic, not static.

I served. I remember.

Have fun with your dives. I'm sure your diving will stand as an excellent reminder to the younger generations of what the day is supposed to be about.

I can only do the day trip, but have the whole day, so either of those would work for me. I like the sunshine coast and have also not done anything in the Victoria area yet so I'm good either way.

And I'm sure you will be drinking in the Legion afterwards and that will be impressive too :shakehead: Get a life Brian and go ****e in someone elses thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom