OGB Dive Report 5/10/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xroirat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We made two decent dives on Saturday morning on an incoming tide with no wind or waves. A bit hazy at first but it cleared up some. There was no one else at the beach until another pair of divers showed up at noon just as we were leaving. Our first dive was to the South, water temp around 44 degrees, viz perhaps 15 ft, max depth 30 ft. Only a few bugs: one way oversize and a few shorts. Second dive was to the North, same conditions, max depth 43 feet. More bugs, but still shorts. Saw an assortment of critters on the sandy stretch: flounders, skates, hermit crabs, moon snails, etc. Seemed odd to have the beach all to ourselves on a weekend day. Saw several dive classes at Back Beach on the way home, and perhaps another half dozen divers at Folly Cove as well.
Jim

Nice to hear the flounder are back in! I knew I should have dived yesterday.... :shakehead:

I appreciate the details about the headings and depths, as I plan to dive there for the first time soon (after all these years of driving by it).

IIRC, the parking lot is "Residents Only", right? Can you remind me where a non-resident can park? I've drove by it quite often and can't remember seeing any cars parked on the side streets. Do you know which ones aren't posted "No Parking"? Caleb's Lane perhaps? (Across from the entrance to the path.)

Thanks for the dive report! :)

Dave C

Dave,
You are right - residents only. After dropping off our gear we usually move the vehicle up the street (North, towards Rockport), around the curve, and then take the first right onto Highland Ave. and park on the right hand side off the road where there is room for about six vehicles.
Jim

Thanks for the dive report. It seems like viz is still a little more murky than usual. I haven't been a few weeks, but it seems like I'm not missing anything. Hopefully the viz will improve some in the next few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom