Ohio/ Traverse City Michigan Diving buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elsrdiven

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I live in Dayton Ohio. My dive buddies are getting to busy to dive. I am really in need of a group or a steady dive buddy to meet up with at WhiteStar, Gilboa or any of the other local dive sites. Please help me to keep diving.

Also, I travel to Traverse City/Lake Leelanau every summer so a group to dive with up there would be awsome.

Thank you for all you help

Drew

When your in TC drive over to Alpena, for a weekend, there is always someone looking to dive the wrecks / sinkholes.

If you are going to drive to the quarries, check out the dive charter out of Bruno's Dive Shop (www.burnosdiveshop.com). The charter goes out of Port Sanilac, MI which isn't too much further of a drive from the quarries in OH. I dive with them fairly frequently. They have an awesome crew that makes everyone feel welcome. The surface intervals on the boat are as much fun as the dives! They have charters that go out almost every Saturday and Sunday through the dive season. The Sanilac Shores Preserve has some awesome wrecks to explore for all levels of divers. If you have questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

I just returned from a short family vacation on Lake Leelanau. I didn't have my scuba gear but did quite a bit of snorkeling and thought the lake would be worthy of some additional exploration. I didn't run across any dive shops in Leland or Sutton's Bay
but did drive by a shop near Traverse City on the way home. You should be able to link up with some divers through several of the local dive shops. We also have a very active group at Wright State. There is a long waiting list but you may want to apply to the volunteer dive crew at the Newport Aquarium. The people, fish, and diving are great!!!!!
Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom