Oi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For the love of god would someone please write decent gas management article for DAN's "AlertDiver" magazine!

Seriously, pages 52 and 53 of Spring 2011 are once again just lame and no better than "return to the boat with Xpsi"

Various folks here have done writeups already, has anyone ever tried re-writing/editing for the magazine consumption?

I didn't find the article that useful either, but technically they also say that you should be prepared for different results when you vary your routine and that you should look at your gauges.

You should probably retitle your post. A better title is more likely to actually get someone interested in doing what you propose. I opened it specifically so that I could blast you with YouTube - It's okay to not like things but then your post wasn't really bad enough to warrant it :) ... I've just been playing that video over and over since MaxBottomTime posted it to the peeves thread.

Osric

[Edit: surely this belongs in Basic Discussions, not DIR?]

I didn't find the article that useful either, but technically they also say that you should be prepared for different results when you vary your routine and that you should look at your gauges.

You should probably retitle your post. A better title is more likely to actually get someone interested in doing what you propose. I opened it specifically so that I could blast you with YouTube - It's okay to not like things but then your post wasn't really bad enough to warrant it :) ... I've just been playing that video over and over since MaxBottomTime posted it to the peeves thread.

Osric

[Edit: surely this belongs in Basic Discussions, not DIR?]

That would have been funny.

I put it here because this is my SB home, not "basic" where who knows what polite dialogue is required. :)

Originally Posted by lamont
If someone has a "jesus take the wheel" approach to crisis, they shouldn't be cave/technical diving.

How about, "Jesus take my reg?"

I think Bob has it covered.

NWGratefulDiver.com

As for new divers understanding it. Don't know the answer. Maybe it is a agency thing? ( "ducks head")

EDIT: I will add this. Many years ago, I was quite comfortable going OOA at 80' on a regular basis, I would suck a tank dry and then surface. This was in warm Carribean waters. I have a newfound respect for cold water diving, and getting older.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom