Ok, I Am Trying...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea:
As for diving in Italy, who cares?! It's Italy!!! :D I would love to come back just for a visit! (I haven't been to Europe in over a decade. :frown2:) From the little that I saw of it (Rome, Florence, Venice), I loved Italy! Despite almost being robbed by a gypsy child, I had a fabulous time both times I visited.

Well, you'll love the place where I live, 5 minutes home-sea with my "Vespa", 2 diving centers, 20 minutes to go to Pisa and 50 minutes to reach Florence...

We got one wreck and lots of nice dive spots around here, we can also move to Isola D'Elba without too much effort...

During summer water gets up to 20 degrees Celsius (it was 14 yesterday) so no dry suit needed...

What are you waiting for ??? :)

I also got a big red Norwegian Forest Cat to cuddle...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Just a quick update...

11 Kgs less, a little bit more technique learned and I was able to swim for 75 metres straight, rest 30 seconds and do it again several times...

All my zips (boots, wrists) no longer remain open and diving with my semi dry get warmer and better...

I do not have to stop every few minutes while gearing up...

My SAC was already good but I dropped it at least other 2 litres (15 litres -> 13 litres per minute)...

Who could ask for more ???

I should have done this before...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Erik Il Rosso:
Well, you'll love the place where I live, 5 minutes home-sea with my "Vespa", 2 diving centers, 20 minutes to go to Pisa and 50 minutes to reach Florence...

We got one wreck and lots of nice dive spots around here, we can also move to Isola D'Elba without too much effort...

During summer water gets up to 20 degrees Celsius (it was 14 yesterday) so no dry suit needed...

What are you waiting for ??? :)

I also got a big red Norwegian Forest Cat to cuddle...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

"What am I waiting for???" Well, my certification for one thing! :wink:

And warmer waters, too. 20 C = 68 F = 1 cold Canadian! But I reckon the cat may make up for it!

Seriously though, Erik, I would LOVE to be able to combine a dive trip with a *culture* trip in the future! And what better place than the Meditterrean?!? :)

BTW, congratulations on your continuing progress! I look forward to more posts!

Wow!! I just found your site and it sounds as if you are doing great!! I am on my personal mission to drop at least 50 lbs by December (I have about 120 lbs to lose). My husband and I will be going diving in West Palm Beach to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, and I prefer to not look like a whale in a wetsuit!! I started lap swimming yesterday, and I snorted lots of water when trying to breathe right. So, I just kept my head out of the water, for the most part. I hate those headaches that you get right after you get a snoz full of chlorine water!! LOL I also treaded water for a total of about 18-20 min. I can say that I lost 2 lbs overnight... just by swimming and watching what I ate. I'm going to try to swim 3 times a week.... sometimes it may be hard to make it to the pool though (I'm a Paramedic and work odd hours in the emergency room). There are limited lap swim hours.

If you want, we could be email buddies and motivate each other. Having a buddy makes lots of things easier! Just Private message me and let me know and I'll give you my email address.

Keep up the great work!

annasea:
Seriously though, Erik, I would LOVE to be able to combine a dive trip with a *culture* trip in the future! And what better place than the Meditterrean?!? :)

BTW, congratulations on your continuing progress! I look forward to more posts!

Annasea, now you got another reason to get certified, I can tell you for sure that Italy is nice to be seen both under and above water so you know what to do... :)

Weight is still dropping and I am currently learning how to frog kick...
It is something I am sometimes able to do with my fins and scuba gear but without them it is not as easy as it seems...
Summer season is also approaching and this means that when I will finish working I will have the possibility to chose between a night dive or go swimming in the sea...

I am also getting used to eating less if I keep control of the situation, you can't imagine how many "Tons" of veggies I am eating in a single day...

In the next few days I am also going to do no less that 4 dives and this means that tomorrow there will be no veggies for supper but a delicious pizza...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

erparamedic:
celebrate our 10 year anniversary, and I prefer to not look like a whale in a wetsuit!! I started lap swimming yesterday, and I snorted lots of water when trying to breathe right. So, I just kept my head out of the water, for the most part. I hate those headaches that you get right after you get a snoz full of chlorine water!!!

If you are going to celebrate your 10 year anniversary I would not think about your wetsuit only...
If you will be able to drop some weight your husband could be more intrigued about what you could possibly wear later at night... :wink:
I do not want to sound rude and pls accept my apologies if above comment sounds "Strange" to you, maybe it is the latin part of my character that is taking hold...
10 years of marriage deserve all the best things in the world, it is a goal that not all the couples are able to reach these days...

Now, back to swimming pool...
I am glad that you decided to go swimming and I am pretty sure you read all my comments about how difficult it is to swimm correctly...
I am starting to see some results and this is what keeps me motivated...

Don't forget why you are doing it and whenever you feel "Down" feel free to write...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Erik...

That thought also crossed my mind!! LOL Don't worry, I don't take offense at all! I worked in a firehouse for 10 years so I can take it and dish it back if need be! LOL Would love to keep in touch and motivate each other!

erparamedic:
That thought also crossed my mind!! LOL Don't worry, I don't take offense at all! I worked in a firehouse for 10 years so I can take it and dish it back if need be! LOL Would love to keep in touch and motivate each other!

Glad to know you understood and just for a laugh or if you are looking for something to wear under your dry suit check this link...

http://www.the-bikini.com :D

How to make a husband happy...

Now, let's get back on track...

Weight is still dropping (-2 kg) even if I had pizza during the week-end, my goal, 95 Kg is "Only" 9 Kg away, I am fed up to see 3 digits on my scale...

I must admit that I am more active than I was before, I am currently swimming twice a week and do not less than 4 dives duiring the week-end...
I also take the time to rest because resting make us stronger, as Cameron says in his book...

Oh, "Stamina" was almost a forgotten word to me but now I feel the urge to go out and do something...
Maybe I am in a "Up" phase and everything looks good but I'll try and be "Up" as much as I can...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom