Ok, silly question...wetsuit jackets.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can wear the jacket by itself. You can also wear the farmer john also by itself. Adjust the wetsuit so you stay warm.

Can you wear one by itself, or must it go over another layer of something?

Edit: Like this Thermoprene® Men’s Front Zip Jacket • Henderson Aquatics
You can wear it by itself. I have that jacket in 3mm and I've paired it with a bathing suit, rash guard pants or neoprene pants depending on the conditions. For colder waters, you can use a Farmer John (neoprene overalls). You could even layer it over a full suit, but that would defeat it's main advantage of being easy to put on.

You can wear it by itself. I have that jacket in 3mm and I've paired it with a bathing suit, rash guard pants or neoprene pants depending on the conditions. For colder waters, you can use a Farmer John (neoprene overalls). You could even layer it over a full suit, but that would defeat it's main advantage of being easy to put on.

Perfect, that's kind of what I'm looking for, easy on, easy off. It appears like this comes with attached bottoms as well so just throw on over athletic shorts! I think I'm sold on this.

I just got a similar one with short sleeves to the elbow. It is so easy to put on, I thought I did something wrong the first time! The Farmer John that I got with it, has a full length zipper and ankle zippers too so it's easy to get into.

if you wear it by itself get the 7mm
Depends entirely on where it will be used. My 3mm is perfect for warm water. If the water required a 7mm, I'd wear my drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom