Okay, I'm ready to buy a Oly but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleDip

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I'm ready to buy a Oly but...should I wait for the price of the c-8080 to drop or just take the plunge and buy the c-5050z with a inon strobe that this forum loves so much?
The only other consideration I had for a camera was a cannon A-80, OhOh Im not allowed to mention the C word in this forum ..they seemed to have better software but I wondered about the housing quality for some reason or another, If you have a opinion on this question hit me with your best shot

DoubleDip:
Okay, I'm ready to buy a Oly but...should I wait for the price of the c-8080 to drop or just take the plunge and buy the c-5050z with a inon strobe that this forum loves so much?
The only other consideration I had for a camera was a cannon A-80, OhOh Im not allowed to mention the C word in this forum ..they seemed to have better software but I wondered about the housing quality for some reason or another, If you have a opinion on this question hit me with your best shot

But with the Oly 5050, you get something you just don't get wif the Canon - you get all of us.

Tons and tons of user support, instant (and informed) answers to any question you could possibly have, tips, techniques, and if you're in SoCal, the most active Olympus Underwater group in the country.

Not too shabby.

Oh - and the cam take good pics, too.

:D

K

Did you read the 5050 vs 5060 thread? Some very helpful info there including the fact that the 015 case may not be available much longer. Can't go wrone either way. Took the advise here and Im loving my 5060.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the 5050 or the Canon. While not as much support for the Canon (I love mine!!), there are a few of us with some tips and tricks that can still help out. I have both (Oly 5050 & Canon A70) and love 'em both for different reasons.

Personally, I wouldn't go the 8080 at this time.

I love my c 5050

I would not buy the 8080. Before spending the money on an Oly 8 megapixel camera I would buy a DSLR camera.

Back
Top Bottom