Oktoberfest Megadive 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shhhh, don't tell TXTorpedo the magic password to get in. :wink:

OTOH, Firecircle freshmeat?:D :popcorn:
Dude, Bring extra Mur :rofl3:

Shucks :depressed: that Monica#2 won't be attending.

Pete, is nothing sacred? When you were telling Elena that Monica #2 is not coming did you also happen to mention that you were behind on your "homework"? heh.. :mooner:

I don't need a password.... You can always buy your way in $$$$$$$.. Someone is sure to leak for the right amount of it. :D

Yeah, I wish she could make it too... She's accruing vacation time at her new job but still has a little ways to go.. She'll need it for December when we come down to the keys.. (Ask Pete if he hasn't already told you)

We gots a few noobs this time.. could be fun! :D

Scuba_Jenny:6094928:

. Sssssshhhhh!

Well...
Newbornscubagirl (Heather) and I are planning on making it a day trip. Is the Galaxy Dive happing on Saturday night??

Do we need to bring anything?? I just zipped to the end of the feed so I don't know what else might be needed??

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim, here is the post I posted earlier. Feel free to add where needed. :)

Megadivers Attending and Food List
Post that your attending, pick something to bring that others are not, and I'll add your name to the list at the end of the week. Hope this helps!
04.gif

Cardzard and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and non diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omlettes. And last but not least, Glow sticks for the galaxy dive.
Heath Sapp & Jim - Hotdogs and hotdog buns, 3 dozen eggs, Sandwich meat- Ham, Wraps for BK and case of water.
Scuba Jenny & Hermit Crab - Fixin's for S'mores, sturdy paper plates, paper towels, Tiki torches, rum balls, crab cakes,
JahJahwarrior & crd kats -
BrewoneOto & Shelli - Potato Salad, Eggs, & some kind of Meat (Mystery??) & some Meg-A-Size Glowsticks
Insta - Gator & Cindy - Couple doz eggs, brats & buns, paper towels, condiments, lots of bottled water, (rum for Jenny), misc. stuff
NetDoc & Mselenaous -
Jeandiver - Bratwurst , Brat Buns , Chippers , dippers AND Potato Salad , and maybe some baked beaners...(not homemade , store bought)
tvtec-diver & Lindsay, Jeremy, and Richie - should be bringing water, sodas, eggs(bj pack), hotdogs, buns, and some utensils.
scubadreaminn -
rox@ucf11 -
ROBIBLER and Dani -
TecDiver1990 -
SlainteMolly and Riki -will try again for the spring Megadive :(
deepn0va - big cases of eggs (2 18 count of eggs is plenty for 1 person to bring)
scubafool and Co.- firewood (but bring more), turkey frier and pot for MegaOmelets/breakfast, accessories for MegaOmelets, tiki torches, stuff to keep the childrens busy, the RumTote, a small supply of plastic utensils, and whatever else we dream up between then and now.
Richard and crew - is hauling in some wood for bonfire as well.
Dennis and Denise - turkey frier and pot for MegaOmelets/breakfast
Dennis -
Judy
-
MontanaFL and scorpian2012 - Charcoal, tortilla's (not moldy this time), eggs, juice
Deep Sea Wolf and clan of 3 - Day tripping...
divingsiren - I will bring food and booze.
Moonie and LuLu - Marshmellows and rum
Denisegg and Monica - Dessert Fixin's

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill (let's keep it to Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, and chicken breast and buns)(We are trying to keep it simple so it doesn't take forever to cook for the group) Could use more hamburgers/buns and chicken breasts.
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (self starting) Could use a bag or 2
Condiments (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, BBQ sauce etc.)
Sturdy paper plates (no Styrofoam please)
Plastic “silverware“(we never seem to have enough of these either, especially forks)
Paper towels
Side dishes (casseroles, potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, etc.) Could use more of these.
Deserts (Oh please don’t forget the deserts!)
Pumpkins (for carving and don't forget a candle)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Trick or Treat candy (for the kids big and small.)
Fire wood for the camp fire.

The kitchen sink is in Broward County if anybody wants to pick it up.

Don't forget a costume if you want to dress up for Halloween on Saturday evening. Some do, some don't :D

I don't need a password.... You can always buy your way in $$$$$$$.. Someone is sure to leak for the right amount of it. :D

Yeah, I wish she could make it too... She's accruing vacation time at her new job but still has a little ways to go.. She'll need it for December when we come down to the keys.. (Ask Pete if he hasn't already told you)

Tell Monica#2 that Monica#1 wishes she could join the fun.:depressed:

jean and tecdiver, i will be up for intro dives friday. I will be at ginnie around 1pm with full tanks and my drysuit. I am ready to rock and roll

also,

That would be great! i am going by the brewery to get a few more jugs, but since they are only $10 for a re-fill of awesome beer, the more jugs, means more beer for mega dive.

I am ready for some great days of diving, drinking, and sitting 'round the fire.

Two of my close friends work at Cigar City Brewery, I will be bringing delicious Maduro and Jai Lai! I believe peeps on here mentioned their love for Maduro, and I have at least 1-2 six packs of that.... the rest is mostly Jai Lai (an IPA). Anywho, love those who love diving and craft beer!

Bring some warm stuff for Saturday night.
Low for High Spings is going to be in the mid 40's.
(Dang cold front...IT was downright cold in St. Louis today)

Friday high about 80.
Saturday day , Breezy and high of 75.

Tanx!
Beano

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom