Old guy's diving cane for entry/exit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kharon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was a bit sloppy with the PVC primer/cleaner - but then I'm not much to look at either:

Long.jpg
Colapsed.jpg

Segments are 8 inches long not counting nipples and T. The length extended is 34 and 3/8's inches. When you take the loop off it self aligns. Can't wait to try it out. Should be great for Bonaire.

I bought fairly inexpensive collapsible hiking sticks for the same general purpose... but I was always able to leave them waterside where I needed them, not sure that would work in Bonaire.

Hope you enjoy your creation!

Bonaire indeed. My wife has a small but permanent scar from a fall she took. And she's not even "old."

Let us know how it works out.

I considered an aluminum walker, with rubber feet removed for a better grip on the rocks, but yours is more portable!

Nicely done!!!! That would come in handy climbing over the rocks at Lake Pleasant here in AZ (during the summer, when the water is REALLY low!!!)

Adam

Nice!

Well learn something everyday!! Never thought of this. Thanks!!

I made it the way I did so I could collapse it and clip it to my harness/BC. When I get really old I'll make a PVC walker - lol. Not sure how to make that collapsable. Might have to bring it with me and leave it as an indicator of the exit point. At least I have a lot of time to think about it and get it designed.

I'll let you know how it works once I get a chance to use it. May 3rd I'm having rotator cuff surgery and that's got me in a sling for 6 weeks and nothing strenuous for 4-6- months - well that's what the Doc says. I'm thinking more like 4 weeks in a sling and 2-3 months before I can dive again.

I like your design over the commercially made aluminum ones, because there are no areas where air can be trapped. You know how we are all so obsessed about our buoyancy and perfect trim! Good job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom