Old/new compressor in my shed..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BackwoodsGA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's a Fresh Air/ American Bristol from around 1995. Best I can gather it was re-powered in 2010 from a 8 hp gas to 5 hp electric. All of the conversion is really well done and the last tags are from 2010 when it belonged to the SB Co. Fire Dept. Pumps up to 4500 no problem and had a new LF filter installed last month. Going to make an oil change, air check, and see how she goes. Looks like the BPV needs a tweek.
bris.jpgIMG_20120731_190032.jpg

I can see what looks like a pressure switch. Can we assume you have a motor controller with this? Also, does it have an hour meter? I can't tell from the picture, but where is the pressure maintaining valve?

Here it is. The compressor is a gas to electric conversion ans shows under 20 hours. It does have a mag starter and 4500 psi auto shutoff.

IMG_20120731_190026.jpg

Adjusted the PMV today to 2000 psi, seems to be working great. Going for a oil change and an air check before filling cylinders. Then it's nitrox on the run! Air check is feeling like a pee test when I was 18......nervous.....

Running

Up and going with a LF filter. Going to make a couple oil changes and start blending..br.jpg

It doesn't have an automatic moisture drain , so open the drain valve for 3-4 seconds every 15 minutes to help reduce the moisture in the filter chamber
Jim Shelden

I am even more anal about draining than Jim. I do it every five minutes for a couple of seconds. I am kind of a "more often for shorter periods of time" kind of guy. You may also want to put a little more space between the compressor and the wall. The better the air flow the better your cooling.

Now remember, a home compressor system is kind of like a plecostomus in the fish tank ... it will continue to grow to fit the space provided.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom