old tanks an backplates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In '78 Dacor had a really nice knurled chrome plated brass knob on their valves. That made it easy to turn the air on and of with a dive glove on. Much better then the USD equivelent of it's day. That was also the last year for the Olympic single hose regulators. I started with an Olympic 100 which is/was a nice little piston unit. I bought one last year and rebuilt it just for grins. The top of the line that year though was the Olympic 400 which was a diaphragm reg that was very good in cold water. I still dive those on occasion as they are pretty bullet proof. Nice metal second stages too. Tanks? Tanks is tanks. As long as they pass viz and hydro they are good to go.

In '78 Dacor had a really nice knurled chrome plated brass knob on their valves. That made it easy to turn the air on and of with a dive glove on. Much better then the USD equivelent of it's day. That was also the last year for the Olympic single hose regulators. I started with an Olympic 100 which is/was a nice little piston unit. I bought one last year and rebuilt it just for grins. The top of the line that year though was the Olympic 400 which was a diaphragm reg that was very good in cold water. I still dive those on occasion as they are pretty bullet proof. Nice metal second stages too. Tanks? Tanks is tanks. As long as they pass viz and hydro they are good to go.

I've got one of those dacor valves with the knurled knob, great design.

Some service technicians can also disable the reserve (and remove the lever) if you want to just dive with an SPG and not have to worry about the reserve lever position. Some of us did that back in the early 70's or late 60's for wreck diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom