Oly 5050 focus help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yep, my Pop always did say "son, did you read the manual?" before something went wrong...... but since you guys are here: I am experiencing a phenomenon where my camera decides on its own where the focus point will be.

This can be frustrating when the background is crystal clear but my subject comes out blurry.

I point it at my subject and as I hit the shutter release, the focus box goes shooting off somewhere else. I find this happens even when I push the shutter release halfway down before taking the shot.

Any hints on dealing with this ?

Thanks
Nick

calypsonick:
I point it at my subject and as I hit the shutter release, the focus box goes shooting off somewhere else. I find this happens even when I push the shutter release halfway down before taking the shot.

You mean the brackets in the center of the monitor move? Never heard of that. Do you have the camera set to spot focus or ESP!? I sometimes have to switch the focus mode. If you aren't in super macro, you could be too close.

It sounds like you have the focus set to ESP. When it is in this setting it will set focus off of a few diffrent spots(not sure how many it is in the manual :crafty: . Switching it over to spot focus should change this. Or as Dee said if you are not in super macro or macro you may just be to close.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom