Oly Evolt housing announcement...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With a Nexus or Subal housing, these strobes can be fired using Inon's Optical Converter D-
pr_00365_lg.jpg

Expect Ikelite to be offering I-TTL conversion circutry similar to the way the implemented Canon E-TTL, with flash exposure compensation & 8 manual power settings controlled via the led panel on the housing back. This system is a joy to shoot, similar to Light & Motion's ROC, but is only compatible with Ikelite strobes.

Warren_L:
Ron, you seem to be the man regarding the D70. I've been considering DSLR and I would be going from the Oly C5050Z. I've been looking at the Ike housing, but was wondering if there was a way to use my INON D180 and D2000 strobes, as these are optically triggered. I don't care much either way for TTL as I prefer manual (my original land based stuff was done primarily on my Nikon FE2, and before the the FM). What do you think?

Warren_L:
Ron, you seem to be the man regarding the D70. I've been considering DSLR and I would be going from the Oly C5050Z. I've been looking at the Ike housing, but was wondering if there was a way to use my INON D180 and D2000 strobes, as these are optically triggered. I don't care much either way for TTL as I prefer manual (my original land based stuff was done primarily on my Nikon FE2, and before the the FM). What do you think?

Especially Nikon, and I keep an eye on Canon.

What I do NOT have a lot of experience in is UW.

But you go your answer, so it's all good, and there are certainly others that know more about the D70 and how it works with other components UW better than I, but they may not monitor this forum not being OLY users.

D70 is about the best digial camera I've ever seen dollar for dollar, but I don't own one.

I you are NOT using Nikon currently you may want to consider the new Rebel which just got Very high marks on dpreview. However IMO it's not got much over (maybe nothing) the D70, and one of the criticisms was that the viewfinder was rather small and not so good. That is definately a factor UW.

IMO, however you can NOT go wrong with either the Canon or the Nikon. Another great choice is the Fuji S2Pro. It is a bit more and does NOT have iTTL, but it should drop in price as it is about to be discontinued (or already has).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom